Road to World Cup 2010....Jabulani!

Strolling along a major shopping complex in KL today during lunch time (yup, I was on leave...who's not anyway during year end? heheh....) I came across some cool World Cup '10 products which carried the Jabulani (which loosely means 'bringing happiness to everyone' in Swahili...correct me if I'm wrong here!) theme. I felt that I needed to get at least something to kickstart my memorabilia collection so I immediately signalled my wife to make a quick stop at a nearby Adidas outlet. My son quickly made his way to the football section and picked up a Jabulani mini-football and began playing with it, so we decided that we'd go ahead and buy it for him. Interesting enough, he's already got his collection of mini-football going...and he's not even 2 years old yet! The making of a phenomenal genius in football...heheh....


Before this I've only read about the special edition Adidas World Cup '10 Special Edition jersey commemorative boxset from their advertisements. These cost a whopping RM499 (or approx USD140) each! Each comes with an original jersey (of an Adidas-sponsored team), a captain's armband (the best feature of this special edition set if you ask me!) and Adidas Malaysia is throwing in a free Jabulani mini-football as a free gift (the same like I've bought for my son). Having said that, despite it's exorbitant price tag, I feel that I'd probably get one (or two) if I have the benjamins for it....definitely. These will rise in price as people will always cherish World Cup-related products. Most importantly, it's a beautiful memorabilia for us footie fans.....so do check it out on Adidas' official website for more details.



Comments

Shaun said…
nice score on the Jabulani size 3 ball, I just bought the mini ball. :)

How much does it go for in KL? it retails for S$40 here.
The Rebel said…
Whooopsss....wrong info....I TOO bought the Jabulani mini-ball (article since edited)....not the size 3 ball!

I think I saw the size 5 going for RM60 (bout SGD26 I reckon....) not sure about the size 3 ball though. Those were NOT the top notch/quality ones, which I'm guessing should be within the same price range to which you have mentioned (SGD40). Funny how Adidas seems to release two different grades of football everytime...
Rockaholic said…
RM500 for jersi yg ada dlm box tu aku rasa not bad compared wif Japanese price yg mencecah RM800++ setelah diconvert ke Malaysian Money.. arghhh.. mahal giler kat sini.. hantu btullll!!