Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk...

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

Uhmm yea....probably I'm a wee bit late in reviewing this figure. It has been sitting pretty in my display cabinet since I got him all those months ago but I never really had the time to do any photo shoot or a proper review on him. Which is quite a shame really.....this is by far one of the nicest Hulk figure ever produced in recent times (if you can get pass that 'scale' issue that is!). Marvel Select figures are known for their 7" scale as compared to your normal 'Legends or DCUC 6" standard scale. In fact, these MS figures are better off if compared to the likes of MOTU Classics or any DC Direct figures. But hey, this is THE HULK. He is huge after all and he might just make the cut.

Let's check him out...

The packaging is the ever so familiar Marvel Select blister style packaging we've seen many times before. Honestly, this is my first ever Marvel Select purchase so I'm a bit excited and giddy at the same time. First and foremost I'd like to see and feel whether this figure is 'hollow' on the inside (like so many 'Select figures before him) or otherwise. The packaging does its job well. Collectors will find it convenient to check the figure for any paint mishaps etc.The space is pretty much utilised here.....I mean come on, that's one huge figure! There's the Avengers Movie image on the top left hand corner just above the word 'Avengers', signalling that this version of the green giant is based on the movie. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Marvel Select: Movie Avengers Hulk

There's a bio of ol' green-head at the back of the packaging card. Also included are previews of the (then) upcoming Avengers Movie 'Select figures i.e. Hawkeye & the Chitauri alien.

Marvel Select: Movie Avengers Hulk

I'm really digging the art on the side of the packaging. Not sure who the artist is but I guess MOC'ers would be happy to display the packaging even if they ran out of space and had to display it from the side.

Marvel Select: Movie Avengers Hulk

Now, on to the figure itself......

"Hulk....FREE!!!"

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

Like I said, I was ever so curious to see whether this figure is the 'hollow' type i.e. roto-cast styled action figure but I was dead wrong. This Hulk weighs a tonne! Well, not literally but you get the drift. He's pretty heavy so don't drop him on your foot! A very solid figure once you hold him in your hands....I like!

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

I'm really liking that Mark Ruffalo-inspired head sculpt....and his expression is priceless! Battle-ready but not constipated! I must say that I thank God that both his hands are in his clenched fists mode. What more could you ask for from a Hulk figure....he's gotta be ready to smash! I know that some people preferred him to have open palms so that he can hold stuff i.e. things to throw etc. but I would definitely go with this look anytime.

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

His pants is not the traditional purple we're familiar with in the comics. They're grey in colour, staying faithful to the screen appearance in the movie. I heard some guys actually painted the pants purple to make him comic-friendly.......but let's just leave his pants (or what's left of 'em) in its movie colours now shall we?

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

Here's the green behemoth with movie Thor. Look at the comparison of sizes between the two. Not too bad actually huh? This Hulk came very close to becoming my 'default' Hulk on my display shelf but I think I'll leave my 'Face-Off" Hulk as the official 'comic' Hulk for my comic action figure display for the time being.

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

"Puny God!"

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

Articulation wise, I think Marvel Select had done a good job by giving us 16 PoAs altogether. This Hulk is able to do quite a number of poses. Not bad for a big guy. For the record, he's also able to do the 'split' too...but I didn't pose him in any of those 'compromising' positions.

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

"KAPOW!!!".....*ouch Loki!*

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

For good measures, here's The Hulk standing next to a DC Direct figure i.e. Alex Ross' Superman. They're both in the 7" scale mind you. Even big Supes seems dwarfed by him!

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

Here's Hulk with a rather 'out-of-scale' Wall-E....

Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

And here's my feeble attempt to re-create that scene from the Avengers movie where The Hulk is about to wake Tony Stark out of his 'sleep' after he saved Stark from plummeting down from the sky and into the streets below.
Marvel Select Movie Avengers' Hulk

THE REBEL'S VERDICT: A must have for those interested to build a 6" scale movie Avengers lineup (screw the fact that these Marvel Select figures are in 7" scale!) and an absolute must have to for those who love bulky action figures! I personally can't find any of the Walmart  6" movie Avengers figures anywhere in my neck of the woods. I'm obviously in need of a Ruffalo-Hulk so this one is a logical purchase for me. 

'Nuff said.....

Comments

GREAT pics! Yes, I loved this one too- a big, beautiful action figure, gotta love that
desmond said…
great figure..
The Rebel said…
Super Duper ToyBox - thks fr the comments bro! I'm really a sucka for them big + chunky action figures...heheh.

Des - Yes it is man!