Star Wars 6" Black Series....a mere myth?

Star Wars Black Series 6" June '15 haul....

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of the Star Wars collector out there, be it in the States or even here in Asia, that it's gosh darn hard to find these 6" Star Wars Black Series figures on our retail shelves. Oh let me just re-phrase that....it's really hard because here in Malaysia, they technically DO NOT EXIST at all at retail. Yup, you heard that right. Good ol' Hasbro Malaysia decided that we Malaysian collectors were better off getting these ourselves through other mediums since TRU and the likes are busy promoting other stuff on their shelves.

I initially refused to believe that Hasbro are not putting these at retail but upon closer inspection of the packagings, I simply could not find any stickers that specify Hasbro Malaysia's import details and such. Thus it confirms my suspicions on the sneaky distribution strategies that has befallen us collectors. With that in mind, the best logical alternative is to hound your local specialty toy stores to find these babies....but with every single collectors looking for them, your chances thin out almost immediately.

There were 6 of 'em in a set but I chose to sell off the Clone Trooper Captain (#13) since I'm trying to keep to my principal of sticking to the original trilogy characters (okay okay I do have a Darth Maul on my display shelf but that's just because I really wanna get the Episode 1 Obi Wan & Qui Gon to go with him....haha).

Whatever it is, I'm still pissed off for not snagging Bossk (#10) when I saw him on my local eBay the other day. I blinked for a moment and he was gone...snapped by some other lucky Star Wars Black Series collector.

'Nuff said.

Comments