Bring on the new Ghostbusters movie!

Entertainment Weekly 24 June, 2016 - Ghosbusters 2016

The upcoming Ghostbusters reboot movie has been receiving so much flak by those who still haven't watched the movie (talk about being prejudiced to the max!) on the grounds that their childhood memories of the original movies were being destroyed by Paul Feig's version of the film. I loved both original movies. Some 'fans' even dissed the 1988 sequel (and some as far as labeling it as non-canon) but I simply love the whole river-of-slime/Vigo story arc...so sue me.

I had endless re-watching of both films on my VHS when I was still in school...so much so they became too worn out and my parents had to re-purchase them again for me.

I was also a devout follower of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series and I love the continuity from the movies into the weekly cartoon episodes. Don't even get me started with the toys/action figures that I had in the 80s.

If all of this doesn't qualify me as a hardcore fan of the Ghostbusters franchise, then I don't know what will.

I for one, will not 'pre-judge' a movie until I get to see it with my own two eyeballs. I have no problem whatsoever with the all-female line up and I can also live with the fact that we're never ever gonna see the classic Murray-Aykroyd-Ramis(obviously)-Hudson line-up bustin' together on-screen again. As much as I love to see that happening, well at least three of the original members are still there, it is now time to move on. Let our memories of the original film stay the way they should be.

Personally I can't wait to see how the new movie turns out to be, as cliched as the teaser trailers have shown us, and the direction that the new film will bring for the franchise. 17 July can't come fast enough for me over here in Malaysia!

On the geek front, I've been prepping myself for the release of the new movie by snagging these GB 2016 collectibles....

Mattel 6" Ghostbusters 2016 action figures

LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1 & Ecto-2 - 2016 Movie

I'd probably get around to review them after I watch the movie sometime later this week......till then.

Comments