LOTR, Movies That Made Us, Obi Wan, Batman, Superskelly

Now let's go into the things that caught my attention these past few days.

I got most of these pictures off the net and they belong to their respective owners except for the coffee pic. Yup, that was just plain ol' me snapping away a picture of my cold caffeinated beverage as I rested my butt at the Starbucks sitting area near the waterfront bay area in a certain 'lion city' last week after I was finished with my work for the day.
.
.
.
Has anybody tried that Nitro Brew Coffee from Starbucks yet? Supposedly this cold brew coffee is charged with nitrogen to give it a rich and creamy taste just like draft beer. U-huh. I tried the plain nitro brew coffee months ago with my better half out of curiosity and it was nice, with the sugarless beverage tasted perfect in our mouths (we're really into coffee so when you can really taste the coffee bean flavor in your mouth it's A-O-K!). I was in Singapore last week for work and I was treated to the new Caramel Nitro Brew Coffee by a colleague of mine. We spent a good whole half an hour sipping away on the beverage which I find rather odd because the faint caramel sweetness comes from the frothy/creamy layer at the top while the coffee below tastes just like.....plain ol' coffee. I prefer the non-caramel version.


.
.
.
Remember that scene in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring where everyone seemed to be throwing their support to Frodo when he volunteered to be the ring bearer? I thought that was one of the coolest scene in the movie (before it was spoiled by the badly timed humor from Merry & Pippin). Now imagine if everyone did take things literally and only offered their weapons to Frodo without really having the intentions to accompany the poor sod to Mordor. The hobbit wouldn't even have survived 5 minutes out of Rivendell if JRR Tolkien had gone down that path in his books. This comic strip illustrates that 'alternative' plot perfectly.



.
.
.
I've probably watched the The Toys That Made Us many times over on Netflix with my geek wife and son. Season 3 is coming right up sometime in late 2019 so that's something that is high on our priority 'to-watch' list. Guess what? Them guys that made 'Toys have made yet another nostalgic show of a similar theme, but this time showcasing the important/iconic movies of yesteryear. It is aptly named 'The Movies That Made Us'....what else really? It's coming sometime in late '19 but I can more or less guess some of the movies that are gonna be mentioned in the series. My money's on a certain DeLorean time-travel trilogy, that space-soap opera trilogy that started in '77 and the trilogy of films with that certain archaeologist with his whip. What's your guess?
.
.
.
Ewan McGregor is reportly being courted for the new Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series for the Disney Plus Channel. Come on, haven't we've heard about this many times already? I've read somewhere too that Disney has put the solo Obi-Wan movie on hold several times already because of the less-than-desired success of the Solo movie. I hope this time the solo Obi-Wan TV series does become a reality. We really need to see Ewan McGregor back in the Star Wars movie-verse. He definitely was one of the star performer in the much criticized second Star Wars trilogy and deserve to be playing Obi-Wan Kenobi again. Fingers crossed.

.
.
.
And what about this guy here? Anything peculiar about the dude's name? This proves that he is legally allowed to say "I am Batman!" whenever he pleases. What's more astonishing is that his father's name is Suparman, with that mightily close spelling to Superman. Batman's story here first made the rounds way back in '09 but he recently made the news again for the wrong reason. Seemed that he was a GrabFood rider who took a beating from a dissatisfied customer. What a way to finally be in the papers again. Nobody beats up Batman....nobody! 
.
.
.
Super Skelly is in da house! This is a great mashup of the  man of steel and our favorite Eternian villain. All I can say is that he looks rather liberated. We need more art like this!
.
.
.
I'd like to end today's post by showing you what you can achieve when you have too much free time on your hands. Most people spend quality time to decorate  and arrange stuff in their man cave but this guys made a very cool man cave for his action figures. So it's like having a diorama within a diorama. I found this picture in a Star Wars diorama builder group over on FB but the diorama doesn't look Star Wars-y at all.

Comments