Star Wars merch at retail, ain't so much here in Malaysia?


The funny thing is I can see the many people viewing my posts through my blogger post editing page but I can never get them to leave comments or feedback anymore. I've ranted about this before and I whole-heartedly think that it's probably because many people prefer to be on more popular and interactive social media like facebook, twitter or instagram. I'm pretty active too on IG but I still go back to my blog here because it serves as some sort of journal for me. Perhaps someday in the future I'd look back to the many postings I've done, especially on the countless toy hunts and toy reviews and see just how much fun (or sillyness) I had back in the day.

But I digress again. This post is supposed to be on the latest retail Star Wars merchandise I found the other day. So let's get back to it.

I seriously think there is a shortage of Star Wars merchandise out there in the market right now in Malaysia. There used to be heaps of of stuff available for us to choose from. I remember hunting for the Artoo cereal bowls during the height of both Attack of the Clones and The Force Awakens. I have them both obviously (although I totally prefer the Darth Vader cookie jar by a long shot!) and I was actually quite frustrated that there were practically none this year for us to drool over.

The one my better half found for me the other day was the Nestle Koko Krunch cereal box with Rey on it (if you squint hard enough you could see this box at the background of my picture above). There is still that Honey Star box with an image of Kylo on it that I need to find. Both cereal boxes however do not have Star Wars freebie in it unlike previous years. What a bummer but you could try entering some sort of code located at the upper flap of the box to see if you've actually randomly won something through Nestle's website. I haven't won a single thing since the concept was introduced some years back.

Anyway, what I found recently were these cool limited edition Star Wars Coca Cola bottles with the images of both Rey and Kylo Ren from the upcoming The Rise of Skywalker film. These had to be purchased together with that metal pin badge at the bottom of the page but I have no complains there either. 

My personal favorite retail Star Wars merch as of late would still be Kleenex's tissue boxes with images from The Last Jedi but I'd take those Coke bottles this time around for the lack of any other Star Wars stuff on retail shelves this year. Let's hope we'd get some more stuff before the movie arrives later in December.

I've received some cynical comments before about how I go head over heels for anything slapped with Star Wars branding on it. The thing is, I kinda am. I don't really care because at the end of the day I would be the one having all the cool Star Wars merch in my collection. Nuff said eh?

This gives me an idea to showcase the many Star Wars merchandise I collected throughout the years since '99. Maybe I'll get to that sometime soon. We'll see.



Comments