Marvel Legends scale Punisher van coming our way?

Fresh from the rumor mill is that we're gonna get a Marvel Legends scale Punisher van sometime soon. Hasbro's Toy Fair is coming up and we can expect to see if the word-of-mouth is indeed true. I remember drooling over the original 5" scale Punisher van in 1991 and I made many visits to Toys R Us just catch a glimpse of the beast.

The Punisher is in my top 5 favorite Marvel....heck...top 5 favorite comic book heroes of all time. The Punisher and Punisher: War Journal comics were both staple reading materials of my youth and I've been keeping up with all comic arcs that involved ol' Frank Castle ever since.

Let us not start with Punisher action figures. I may have lost both my 80s 'Secret Wars' and my 1990s Toybiz 'Marvel Superheroes' with Cap-Firing Action Punishers but I have been collecting his every iterations whenever possible (some still evades me but in time...).

Let's get back to the Punisher van. In the comics, Frank Castle moves around in his tough-looking vehicle of choice. The van is loaded with a smorgasbord of fire arms and other weapons but the best features are always gonna be the M.A.S.K.- esque (re: Mobile Assault Strike Kommand cartoon series) features i.e. the pop out machine guns, the spiked tires, the gunner seat etc.



Here's a random review video of the original Toybiz Punisher van produced in 1991 off youtube just to illustrate to you what can we expect from the Punisher van, should it come into fruition:


I'm so hyped up for a Marvel Legends Punisher van right now it makes me want to contact them guys at Hasbro to make us a Microchip action figure as well, just to complete us fanboys' dreams of reliving the joys of the comic book pages. This'll also be the first time Hasbro making a large vehicle outside of its 'Rider Series' which primarily focused on motorcyles with the exception of Professor X who rode his flying wheelchair.
.
.
.
And on a less exciting news, we'd also get Outback Hulk here, which I know nothing of. A future release under the Gamerverse label can only mean that he exists in one of the Marvel gaming platform. 


Comments