More lockdown activities

Yup, seems that we Malaysians are trapped in some sort of endless time loop over here due to the continuous lockdown imposed by the Man. Can't really complain much because it's all for our own good. Stay at home, avoid the virus. Seems like a good deal. 

I do go out from time to time to get groceries with me better half and attend sporadic meetings with the office team once a week or so. That's about it.

Safe to say that 80% of the time I'd be at home. So there's a lot of stuff that I can do, right?

Right. 

Crack out Netflix and Disney Hotstar (Disney Plus for youse in the States) please!

.

.

Black Summer Season 2 just hit Netflix and being the zombie enthusiast that I am, this was a no-brainer immediate watch. What can I say, I don't have much criticisms when it comes to zombie flicks/series. A gore fest is a gore fest and one is as good as the other. But seriously Black Summer is one of those series where super-fast zombies sprint at ya at Olympian speed, so this ain't one of those times where Rick Grimes or Shaun of the Dead can easily evade them. Think 28 Days Later-esque zombies. Some prefer the slower ones but everyone can agree the running zombies sure gets your adrenaline pumping faster than anything else!

Deep down inside, everybody yearns for a zombie apocalypse. Everyone. I just know it.

.
.
.
You must be living under a rock if you haven't watched the Loki series over at Disney already by now. Honestly, this series feels like an extension of that Matt Damon movie, The Adjustment Bureau. The concept of higher beings controlling the very fabric of our existence and purpose in life.....that's pretty heavy. Next question is how many of the MCU characters we've seen so far are variants? How many of the 'originals' deviated from their true purposes? So many questions. Interesting to see how the series gonna develop from episode 4 onwards. At the time of writing this I'm still ruing on how episode 3 was a wasted episode. Or was it?

.
.
.
I love how Disney seems to churn out stories from different parts of the world. Disney-Pixar's Luca is set in an Italian fishing town circa the 1950s/60s. The movie really got me in the feels like a good Disney animation should. I love it too when they blend foreign languages with English just like they did with Coco. This movie taught me to tell my inner self to shut it whenever I feel scared. Remember to shout "Silenzio Bruno!" everytime you hesitate to do something dangerous! Five stars for Luca!

.
.
.
How about Raya: The Last Dragon? Was it any good? Personally I prefer Luca over Raya but to each their own I say. The best part about Raya to me was the quirkiness of Awkwafina in the role of Raya. In my opinion, Raya: The Last Dragon deserves to join the echelons of good Disney animation films simply because of the stunning visuals throughout the movie alone. Oh yeah, did I say that I love how Disney seems to churn out stories from different parts of the world?


.
.
.
Sweet Tooth on Netflix was pretty....sweet...to say the least. Pun very intended. Let's not talk about the smorgasbord of differences from the comic book because that would be a drag. I'm kind of a book purist myself but I do appreciate the differences when film makers make that leap from the source material onto the big screen. Loved Gus in the comic pages and I love the on-screen Gus. Nuff said.

Season 2 couldn't come soon enough.

.
.
.
I'm quite deep with the Star Wars: The Bad Batch series over at Disney's too. Technically The Bad Batch is Season 8 of The Clone Wars to me. Omega's been pretty annoying to say the least but she seems to be the focal point of the series at the moment, which means all side quests are centered around her, more or less. Yeah, she's pretty annoying. I'm still latching on to the series because I believe Crosshair can still turn back into one of the good guys.

.
.

Italy's doing pretty great too at the Euro 2020 tournament. Yup, 2020. It's still considered as a 2020 tournament despite the fact being held only in mid-2021. No one really gave them a chance to progress because they were deemed as a darkhorse of the tournament. A darkhorse not because of their anonymity, but rather the selection of players which were perceived as not being as glamorous as those brought by say, Netherlands, France or Portugal (at the time of writing this, ALL three aforementioned teams are already out of the tournament).

Italy is up against Belgium in the Quarterfinals next. Buona fortuna Azzurri!

I've only been watching select games from the tournament because of the crazy time difference. Most of the games I want to watch is at 3 a.m local time so yeah, sleep or watch football. Crazy times.

Haven't missed any of Italy's game yet. So here's hoping to catch them all the way to the final of Euro 2020.


.
.
.
Apart from that I've been doing some geeky stuff all week...day in day out. Like always. Toy photography has always been priority for me but these days I've also been occupying myself with online band practice and song writing which was literally impossible to simultaneously do both many years ago. Song writing has been my thing since I first picked up the guitar decades ago but having to write stuff for 3 bands at the same time has really piqued my cerebellum creative capabilities in recent times.



Comments

K.A. said…
i got hotstar on day one but only watch 2 episode of mando so far (boba one and luke one), haha, i hardly watch tv.
Darth Daddy said…
Yeah....you gotta get your momentum first before you dive into these TV series. Which is why I watch more movies than series these days. I take forever to finish any TV series except the ones that I really really (did I say really already?) wanna watch...hahha.