A couple of hard to find Hot Wheels found in the wild!


I've been religiously looking for two (2) Hot Wheels for the past several months at retail but never really found them. They did pop up at several online stores and marketplace but usually at a premium. I am never the one to pay jacked up prices let alone getting Hot Wheels from resellers. 

Even when I do (I think only happened once last year) it's always because I had failed to locate the Hot Wheel in question after many months of hunting at retail. I think the last reseller that got my moolah was for the Hot Wheels Star Wars Landspeeder. That was quite a hunt and I decided to quit looking for it at retail when the item was beginning to appear less and less even on the online stores and marketplace. 
.
.
There were only a couple of Hot Wheels that I really wanted for the collection room last year and these were eventually found by my son and my better half who seem to constantly have better luck at finding things at retail pegs than me.

Firstly, the X-Jet from the animated X-Men TV series was always on my radar since I first watched the cartoon way back in the 90s. My son was quick enough to see this hanging on the lower pegs as I completely missed it during my quick scan of the upper pegs. I hope to find another one because I really want to open one up. The sleek design, that cool bright blue with red cockpit windows against it....just perfect. It's how I remember my Jim Lee-craze era in the 90s. This X-Jet is a must for me.



Next, my better half not only found me one, but two of the new Batmobile from the upcoming Robert Pattinson Batman movie after months of listening to my frustrations of not finding one at retail. This one is the short card (UK) version but I don't really mind (long card vs short card) because they both have the same card art. 



Here's a closer look in case you can't really zoom in the picture above....




Absolutely love that Batman graphics at the top left corner. I can already foresee this movie becoming a classic in the years to come.


Definitely going to open one sometime soon. I like the fact that we cannot specifically name the model of this car. It's actually a combination of a Dodge Charger and a Barracuda just to name a few. This Batmobile builds up the hype to the movie which I believe will be released sometime in April this year. I'm also looking forward to the action figures by McFarlane Toys in the months to come.


Comments