Episode 3 of The Book of Boba Fett

Hot on the wheels of their success of the Mandalorian series, some people must have thought that Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are not allowed to bungle an episode or two of the Book of Boba Fett series. They are in fact humans and most certainly allowed to troll you hardcore Star Wars fans with a bad episode or two. Sometimes I do feel that these great directors do those things on purpose just to get on the nerves of butthurt fans who'd inevitably break the internet with their dissatisfactions.

I gotta admit, Episode 3 of The Book of Boba Fett didn't scream epic-ness to me either. I was happier to see several cameos from characters from the Mandalorian series and a very unlikely actor for the Star Wars universe, than the story of Episode 3 itself.


That's Peli Motto right there, that workshop/hangar owner who first appeared in Episode 5 of The Mandalorian Season One. I didn't notice this either at first glance but I read somewhere afterwards that her hairstyle was a huge giveaway to who she was so yeah, go figure.



I can see and assume many fans would be in awe and shock over Danny Trejo's appearance as the Rancor's keeper. The Rancor, being a gift from the two cousins of Jabba the Hutt, also came with a Rancor keeper whose name I've learnt is simply just 'Rancor's Keeper' in IMDB. Perhaps he'll get a name in the coming episodes. Perhaps we'll eventually learnt of his connection to Malakili, the original Jabba's Palace Rancor Keeper. Perhaps there'd be a wordplay on his 'Machete' moniker into something like "Muh-Chay Tay" or "Mur-Chai Tae"....you get the drift. 

I'm still thinking this is a Trojan horse move by the Hutts to infiltrate Boba's palace. Let's see as more episodes unfold. Whatever it is, it's great to see Machete in the Star Wars universe.



And this was the thing that had shocked most from the episode. Those ever so colorful  Vespa-like speeders makes one wonder if somebody in the design department loves the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers too much and decided to transpose his/her love onto a Star Wars episode.




Seriously.....


I don't feel like the shiny colorful Vespa bikers belong that much in the Star Wars universe. Star Wars is full of grimy and worn machineries and not brand new polished machines. I do appreciate however, the effort to incorporate characters that look like they belong in Marvel Comics' Star Wars run into the current Star Wars series. I initially thought that Disney had brought Dr. Aphra onto the Star Wars live-action universe but I was wrong.


Comments