McFarlane's DC Multiverse Superman

I got this sometime in July of last year when an online toy store had a major clearance sale. Superman here was always on the cards for me but I never pulled the trigger due to several unwise reasons. Finally, after many procrastinations, I've realized that I really should get him since he is the very first in the (then) newly launched DC Multiverse line and he is getting rarer by the day. 

I'm not gonna go into details of the action figure for the review because you can find tons of those online. I'm just documenting this important purchase here on my blog because I've always been a huge Supes fan. But let's take a look at the packaging and how he fares in action figure photography (which is really the point of me purchasing action figures these days) nonetheless.

.

.

The DC Multiverse line does not offer a breathtakingly groundbreaking packaging for its line but it is practical. The figure is displayed effectively through a window style packaging and you can see clearly whatever accessories that come with it. The figure itself is easy to pull out and you may keep the figure back into its plastic/cardboard prison if you wish with great ease too.



The side of the box shows the name of the character and where the source material that serves as a guide for the action figure's design came from. It can't get any clearer than this as I think they've maximized the fonts for your viewing pleasure.



Action Comics #1000 is where it's at so you might wanna check that issue out if you're interested to see more. The back of the packaging shows an image of the cover of that particular issue, which I think is a nice touch. Supes here isn't my first DC Multiverse figure so this ain't my first rodeo with their packaging. Maybe I'll get into the rest of the DC figures soon enough too.


.
.
These DC Multiverse figures stands at above the 6" mark because they're at the 7" scale rather than your average Marvel Legends scale. But that's not to say that you shouldn't mix them at all. I have yet to take a picture of this Superman battling the Hulk so I'm gonna do that sometime in the near future. Here's a solo picture of him patrolling the skies of Metropolis against the moon. While a Lex Luthor is already available to go with Supes (I might get him too soon) we actually need a Lois Lane or a Clark Kent to go with him. Are you listening Todd McFarlane?


.
.
Here he is paired with DC Direct's/Collectibles' Doomsday (which coincidently came with a half-naked battered Superman) who belongs in the 6" scale but looks okay with a little bit of camera angle manipulation. This is akin to those toy photographers who do their very best to capture picture of Marvel Legends with that of Marvel Select figures.

.
.

Here's Superman with Batsy, who's actually in the same scale and same Multiverse line; and Diana, Amazon Princess who came from Mattel's Wonder Woman movie line. She is a tad smaller being at the 6" scale but again with some camera angle manipulation she is able to blend in seamlessly with the Trinity.



Comments