Some Netflix, Boba Fett, Ghostbusters, Haslab's Razor Crest and random stuff....

These past couple of days I've been alternating my mind between work matters, watching some stuff over Netflix and other geeky stuff to keep myself sane. I've also already received my Covid-19 vaccination booster shot so I'm very looking forward to travel later in the year. In fact, I've already been hallucinating about wandering the street of Akihabara in Tokyo and flea market hunting in old toy shops in Europe. But I digress.

So what's new on Netflix these days. A lot of stuff really, but I'm really looking forward to watching a few that caught my immediate attention.

First up is the Leonardo DiCaprio-led flick called 'Don't Look Up'. At first glance it's just another end-of-the-world movie but this time with a comedy twist. I don't know about you but I think Leo is a great comedy actor even if he's not trying to be funny. Couple that with a bunch of other great actors (like Jonah Hill and that annoying version of Halliday from Ready Player One) and you get a group of rag-tag with each trying hard to present their own funny way to stop the impending asteroid from hitting planet earth. The movie started out silly and ended even sillier (don't forget the two post credit scenes which are also....silly). Recommended if you want to watch a laughable popcorn apocalyptic movie.


I'm also currently up to the second episode of Season 4 of Cobra Kai. As expected, it is still full of 80s rock music and flashbacks to the first three original movies. We finally get to see LaRusso and Lawrence teaming up albeit some rocky training ideologies between the two. Although not as explosive as Chozen and Ali's cameo's in Season 3, Terry Silver makes his return in the very first episode in Season 4, although not many was expecting him to be a shadow of his former self. In Episode 2, the kids from both side of the fence are still trying to train their way for the final showdown at the end of the season. I'll get back to talking about Season 4 in totality when I'm done with Episode 10 sometime in the next couple of days.


.
.
.
The Book of Boba Fett is also up to Episode 2 on Disney Plus. The geekdom literally exploded when the bunch of us saw the two Hutts being carried up that platform/pedestal. Years ago this was not even possible with the level of CGI at the time (remember that abysmal CGI-ed Jabba in that deleted A New Hope scene?). Looks like the Hutt ain't that happy with Boba taking over as daimyo in Mos Espa, so they employ a dark-haired Wookie (presumably Black Krrsantan from the 2015 Darth Vader comic pages). 




Yup, this guy. Ironically he teamed up with Boba Fett in that comic run which took place years before the current events so I'm guessing he still remembers Boba....or not. The other highlight of the episode was the obvious exploits of Boba teaching the Tusken Raiders to stop a death train and of course that nod to Luke Skywalker's friends at Tosche station made everyone's heart stopped for a few minutes. Camie and Fixer looked like they never age a day since A New Hope! Heh.


Which led to me customizing this extra action figure of the Empire Strikes back Boba Fett into a 'The Book of Boba Fett' Boba Fett (quite a mouthful there). Of course there'll be an official one sometime in April but like so many others, I can't really wait...haha. So here's my take on the main man....(I really should work on the gauntlets colors here). This'll be my placeholder till April.


.
.
.
Talking about the Haslab Razor Crest, that humongous piece of awesomeness is due to hit collectors sometime in the coming 30 days or so. Word is that it's gonna arrive on my shores in about 2 weeks time. There's this Instagrammer with the handle m_h_pt who it seems have gotten his grubby mitts on the 'Crest amidst a confused collecting world (just how the heck did he get it first?). Presumably this dude is somewhere in Hong Kong or China because logically that would be how he gets it ever so fast, from the factory in China right to his doorstep.

And the pictures are marvelous I tell ya. Kudos to those who had pre-ordered this magnificent piece of beauty. You might wanna check his IG page to see the whole set of pictures. He also updates his page with more pictures of the Razor Crest from time to time so that'll quench your thirst while you wait for the real thing to hit your doorstep.





.
.
.
The December issue of Empire magazine has a great article about Jason and Ivan Reitman's thoughts about the new Afterlife movie. I basically collect any print materials on the Ghostbusters so yeah....this one's going straight into my library.

.
.
The latest Kellog Frosties cereal box has a great Spiderman: No Way Home theme going on. I believe the Cocoa Puffs cereal box has a similar theme although it has a slightly different graphics. Each purchase comes with a complementary metal/tin pencil box. It came in 3 designs but I chose this one to come home with me. Love that half Black Spidey/half normal-suit Spidey's face over it. My better half knew I'd want this at first glance and she was dead right.

.
.
.
If you know me well, then you'll know that I won't run away from any good deals from the discount bin. This piece of gem was discovered by my son within the depths of the clearance aisle. At about 3 bucks, I wasn't about to give this a miss. I need that Death Trooper but feel free to drop me an offer for Pao.

.
.
.
Well, here's something that I'll never pay full-price for but definitely consider 'em when they hit clearance. These classic Star Wars drinking glasses from TYPO look awesome on any collectors' display shelf. One can opt to buy them now at a ridiculous price point but smart collectors will want to wait until at least end-March to see these at a discount. 

.
.
How about some cool bootleg Squid Game LEGO/brick sets? Saw these with my son at a nearby toy store. Made us wonder if LEGO actually plan to do sets from the series anytime soon. These don't look kid-friendly at all since these are meant to replicate each of the death scenes from the series. Fun to look at, but do remember the goriness of the actual scenes when you assemble these cute brick sets...hehhee.


Pretty sure there are more sets to represent the various scenes in Squid Game but we didn't dig deep that day.

.
.
.
I'm just gonna end my rant today by reminding everyone to stay nice to each other. You never know what the other person is going through. Just when you think you have problems, the other guy's actually down in the dumpster in a far worse poo-doo than you.


"Everyone is fighting their own battles....just as you're fighting yours!"







Comments