Some Star Wars stuff sent my way...Thank you peeps!

One of the benefits of having your birthday and X-mas on the same day is that people sometimes get a little confused when they want to give you prezzies. I'll gladly take them for whatever reasons you want it to be. In fact, prezzies are welcome all-year round if ya ask me. I've also discovered the benefits of publicly declaring your love for everything geek especially towards the Star Wars franchise. Many years ago my (now former) bosses and co-workers can't even tell the difference between the Force or actual physical force. 

These days, I get to work with a boss and colleagues who openly appreciate my passion towards Uncle George's universe. Naturally when it comes to giving gifts to yours truly, nothing screams better than anything under the Star Wars banner.

.

.

First up is the Star Wars: The Vintage Collection (TVC) Wave 9 (2020). Absolutely thrilled to be getting these as I'm more of a collector of the 3.75" line these days (although I do sneak in a Black Series figure into my collection from time to time). It also makes me wonder why nobody bothered to give my any of the previous 8 waves prior to this. Haha. 

This is a superb wave with a perfect mix of the figures from the classic Original Trilogy films and The Mandalorian series. Finding TVC figures at retail is next to impossible in Malaysia these days too, so getting these in hand is rather surreal to me. Such a great update to Bib Fortuna and Lobot. That Rebel Soldier (VC68) however is a reissue with an updated face scanning headsculpt....yada..yada. I'm excited whenever new characters are made into TVC forms so getting Bo Katan, The Mythrol and Kuiil is a big thing.

The card back art are more than perfect. They scream instant classic and they demand for you to display them on your man-cave wall. Too perfect in fact it almost made me not to open them ever. I'm an opener these days so the figures might not stay long on their packaging anyway. I think I'll start with the Mando figures first....stay tuned.


.
.

Next up, ...*drumroll*.....well whadya know.....MORE TVCs!  A couple of TVC figures from Wave 8 (2020). This wave came with the Emperor Palpatine and Teebo (Ewok) figures but these two are the ones I've really wanted since they were previewed some months back. These are actually gifts from my better half. What can I say, she really knows her man!

IG-11 fits in perfectly with the figures from Wave 9 above. Really builds up my Mando line up. Lando Calrissian here instantly eliminates any need to keep any of your earlier ESB Lando in your collection. The scoundrel has been perfectly updated!


.
.

I've been talking about the Emperor's Throne Room PulseCon exclusive since July. I've blabbed about it too constantly to a bunch of friends ever since and how it'll be next to impossible to find it when it gets released through Hasbro's PulseCon. I was wrong. It is now all over the specialty toy stores in Malaysia and some have already placed this set on discount as of date. This has been one of my absolute must-haves for the year and I can't thank a buddy of mine enough for picking this up for me. Reviews will follow soon so stay tuned.

.
.

Finally, but not least, my better half also found me these (mostly) Star Wars books at a year-end book sale. These were still plastic cling-wrapped when she found them at only $1.25 each. All of these are hardcovers so that silly price for each is just plain....silly. No brainer pickups for a Star Wars enthusiast!



It has been a great birthday and X-Mas celebration for me. Thank you all!


Comments