Double bummer

 Two things totally bummed me out this week. And I hope that's all there is to this week.


Italy failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cup Finals in Qatar later this year. That's two consecutive Finals missed by the Azzurris. This time it's even more painful because Italy is fresh off their Euro victory last summer. To be fair they were really awful in front of the opponents' goal posts and not many chances were capitalized (or should I say none). Several years ago, a team like North Macedonia wasn't given any serious thoughts but today it's really anybody's game. When giants like Italy still play like they did a year ago, other teams studied their play vigorously to their favor. I'm still thinking if I'm going to give the whole tournament a pass and not watch any single live game on TV...heh. One thing for sure, my Italian ancestors are rolling in their graves.
.
.


We lost Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters yesterday. Cause of death is still unknown but people are already talking about his replacement. Come on guys, give Dave and the boys some room to grief first (ok, I'm gonna go with Abbruzzese). I've already spent the day listening to the Foo catalogue in the car while I drove around catching up with my meetings and as I reminisce the time I last caught them live in concert with my fam a couple of years ago in Singapore. It'll never be the same again but I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl will not end the band. Pretty much the end of an era and we're gonna miss Taylor so much cause he is such a ferocious force that shaped the signature sound for the band. Thanks for the memories Taylor.

Comments