Hot Wheels: The Batman Batmobile

 

Can't believe that I took that long to open up this Batmobile. With that epic jumping out of the fire scene still fresh in my mind, it didn't take me long to recreate it with the Hot Wheels version here, well, my take on it, at least.

This Batmobile here is currently very hard to find at retail due to the hype of the movie, so if you can find one at a decent price, grab it. My better half found me two of the short-card version and I may hunt for the long-card version sometime soon but not at scalpers' demand.


This version of the Batmobile is said to be a generic one with no clear indication of which auto brand it belongs to. It is said to have been created in the Batcave i.e. chop shop style, by Bruce Wayne but one familiar with muscle cars might say that this is a combination of a few like the Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Camaro and the 70s Plymouth Barracuda.


There's that image of The Batman logo and the titular character standing to...what else, the Batmobile at the very top left of the front card. This also marks the first appearance of the vehicle in the Hot Wheels line so I'm guessing Mattel might re-release this sometime in the future(?).


These are at the back of the card. That's about it. Funny thing is that is says 2021 i.e. the year of supposed release when we know the film has been delayed for a good 2 years. Is Mattel privy to such information or are they just responsible for the toys? I know LEGO, for one, isn't very good at keeping secrets with the 'accidental' reveals on their product packaging. So I take it LEGO doesn't keep close tabs with their franchisor...heh.


I carefully cut the plastic blister. I'm OCD like that.


The design is sleek and everything you'd ask for in a muscle car. I love that exposed engine at the hood. It makes it more menacing.


The car has a matte paint job and rightfully so replicating the exact looks in the movie.


Yup, I'm definitely feeling that heavy 70s muscle car design from the side view. That tail end almost looks like a flame which further adds to the manliness of the design (*insert Tim Taylor Home Improvement laugh here*).



Is it just me or the whole exposed car engine is trending right now? Love that detail and the paint job. Considering that this is a mass-released toy and the low price point, the love put into the Batmobile here is very commendable.


As usual, some details are etched at the bottom of the vehicle like always. Note that it says 2020 here when the card says 2021 as the year of release, which brings me back again to the very point I raised above about Mattel and LEGO. This Hot Wheel vehicle, like so many other, is proudly made in my home country.


Well, there you have it. I love the unique design of this Batmobile. Having said that, my favorite Batmobile is still the '89 Batmobile for obvious retro reasons. This one is definitely a close second and that awful Nolan military Batmobile (can you even call it that?) ranks so far below my favorite Batmobile list.

If you've seen the movie, then odds are you'll be looking for the merch too. This Hot Wheels Batmobile is a good (and affordable) starting point before you proceed to pick up the 1:32 or 1:64 scale Batmobiles by Jada or Spinmaster later on.

Grab this while it still appears at retail.

Comments