Hot Toys 2013 Con Exclusives.....

Hot-Toys-Evil-Superman-
 
I'm sure by now everybody's seen the list of 2013 Hot Toys' Convention Exclusives. I love the General Colton/Bruce Willis figure, it has a mean headsculpt and dare I say it....the BEST Bruce Willis head sculpt thus far! The Captain America figure however is just plain silly. I'm not gonna splash some serious dough to get Chris Evans/Cap in his pyjama-type uniform. Wasn't that supposed to be 'comical' in the film? Anyway, I'm sure some of you Captain America fans would wanna add that to your collection...to each his own eh? To me, the one I really want most is the Evil Superman from Superman III. Well, basically this is just the SAME Christopher Reeve Superman released by HT way back in '11 but with a tweaked head sculpt and a much darker tone of colors for the suit. Looks real cool and it reminds us of where the Man of Steel/Cavill Supes got its inspiration from.
 
I love the movie....cheesy or otherwise. My son loves it too. He thinks that Gus Gorman/Richard Pryor is one of the most funniest person on the planet next to Rowan Atkinson  =) .... The thing is, getting a Con Exc figure such as these will definitely cost you an arm or a leg. Unless you're able to be physically present during the events (SDCC is up next me thinks?), then be prepared to pay sky high prices to get these. Would really love to pose this one next to the 'regular' Reeve Supes in my Detolf shelf but I guess I still need my arms and legs! LOL.

Comments

desmond said…
I think HT is not sincere and doesn’t put much effort in this year exclusive figures. I believe most collectors will skip Captain America (bad sculpt) and Superman (Repaint version). I feel very sad as Joe (Bruce Willis) is treated as 2013 exclusive. He should be one of the figures in G.I.JOE series. To me, the facial likeness is not good, something is not right. I think HT has run out of idea for their 1/6 scale line. They always go back to what they did previously and re-release the figures in 2.0 version. Anyway, I can save a lot of money this year…