Guest writer: Aidil from Down Under....

Some time back I did mention that someday I'd be having guest writers contributing to the blog. If you were a long time reader of my blog then there's a chance that you'd remember that I used to have a contributor some years ago but he turned out out to be a major douchebag and I've have since removed all traces of his existence in The Rebel Page. Last I heard he kinda died or currently live in the gutters in the streets or something like that. Whatever. Good riddance.

Anyway. I digress.

I've dabbled with many ideas on what to call this initiative. One was to call it 'Rebel Legion of Writers' and the other was simply 'Rebel Writers'. Whatever. I'm good with just calling it 'Guest Writers' because I do not want to spend so much time thinking about names.

We start off the initiative by posting an article written by a fellow toy collector and a very good friend of mine, Aidil, who currently resides in Western Australia. This is a nice introductory article about the man and his passion for action figures and photography.

Take it away Aidil.....
.
.
.
.
.
.

IT STARTED WITH THESE THREE…



Hello from Down Under…

Recently, I have been invited to be a guest writer for the Rebel Page. I hesitated at first, primarily being that I am not a fan of writing ever since my school days. I guess I am more of a “photo speaks louder than text” kinda guy, but after  a few persuasive words from The Rebel himself, I decided to give it a try.



Coincidentally the owner of the blog is my schoolmate and a long time friend. Funny thing, I came across this blog by accident. I was googling the net for toy review blogs and I found this one interesting blog and decided to browse through. I read the blogger’s profile and I started feeling suspicious so I immediately text my friend asking if the blog was his and..I was right! Since then, I have been following his blog.

At that time, I was just beginning to venture into the world of toy collecting. So obviously I did a lot of research about this hobby. From the terms commonly used like MISB, BIB, Loosed, the different scales and of course the toy trading realm. My decision to be involved in this particular hobby has not been started by myself, but it came from the motivation of having my first son after having three beautiful princesses. Well, can you blame me for being excited. Not that I don’t share my childhood with my daughters, (my first is a huge Star Wars fan), but its just not the same.

So when God finally answered my prayer, I get all pumped up to finally being able to buy all those boys toys. These includes of course, action figures! Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy browsing and buying toys with my daughters, you know all the Barbie, My Little Pony, Shopkins stuff and occasionally anything Star Wars. But finally being able to venture into the world of Marvel, DC, Transformers etc really excites me.



So one fine day I decided to buy my son a few action figures as he was getting interested in those. After breezing through two local malls, I finally got him a 6 inch Marvel Legends Captain America and, of course, a Revoltech Iron Man Mark 7. Mind you, at that time I am still naive about all these different brands for action figures. So after getting home, I decided to have a look at them closer aaannd you know what happened next. I started saying to myself, wait a minute, these aren’t your 3 to 4 year old toys, even though the box said it so.



From there I started getting this feeling that I have not felt siiincee…so I decided to keep them for myself instead..hahaha (sue me for this). Don’t worry, I finally got my son a complete set of 3.75 inch Marvel Legends Movie Avengers action figures to compensate my decision.

Its been almost 2 years now since that fateful day and my collection has grown slowly and steadily. Well I only collect figures that I love or I found interesting (Until now I have never bought a complete wave set). Not only my collection has grown but also my love for toy photography and recently the world of diorama. You can follow my Instagram account @aidilnorhobby, while waiting for my next article (God knows when..hahaha)

So there you go, I guess I get to be a child again with these three dudes. You must be thinking, who is the third? My beloved son of course!


I hope this first simple introductory article of mine is worth your reading time especially along side those great articles by The Rebel.

Until then, Cheers!

aidilnorhobby
Perth WA.
.
.
.
.
.
So that's it folks from our Guest Writer this week. Be sure to check out his Instagram page for more action figure photography from the man himself.

Excelsior!

Comments