My son's pretty fired up for The LEGO Batman movie!


*Cough....cough*....excuse me while I dust off the cobwebs from this old blog of mine. It has been quite some time since I had some decent postings....errr...any postings whatsoever over here at The Rebel Page. I'm really tempted to give you readers some cliche reasons for my hiatus but let's just not do that. Just wanna say that I'm still alive and well. I am still interested to keep this blog moving although not at the rate I had going for the past several years or so.

Right then.

Just to kick start things again, I'd like to say that the upcoming LEGO Batman Movie had really built up quite some anticipation among us Bat-fans and LEGO-fans alike. Technically one can already watch the movie in several selected cinemas here in Malaysia despite the official release date being set on 9 February '17. Not for me and my family though. We're gonna behave and wait for the official screening date to catch the movie. Well, mainly because the early screenings fall during school/work days and we just don't wanna rush things and stuff. Thursday is also a national public holiday here in Malaysia so go figure. Ain't a better time to catch the movie with the fam!

I'd just like to say that my son is pretty fired up for the LEGO Batman Movie and he's been accumulating quite some merchandise to whet his appetite for the upcoming flick. Mind you, some of the following items were given to him as presents (before you start to ask me if my wallet had been burnt after all of these purchases?)...

He's been dedicating a small section of his room building a shrine-like display for these:

LEGO Batman Movie DK Books

These DK books are perfect companions for you to digest all information pertaining to the movie before you watch it.....

LEGO Batman Movie -McDonald's Happy Meal week 1

McDonald's Happy meal will come with several LEGO Batman toys for the next several weeks. So far we've gotten week 1's Batman & Batgirl's spectacle cowls....

LEGO Batman Movie sets - Joker's Notorious Lowrider, Catwoman's Catcycle Chase & Joker's Balloon Escape

Ask and ye' shall receive! My son prayed hard for these and he got them! (and he's still praying hard still for the Arkham Asylum set when it finally gets released some months from now!)...

LEGO Batman Movie sets - Joker's Notorious Lowrider, Catwoman's Catcycle Chase & Joker's Balloon Escape

The Joker's Lowrider is one sweet pimped up ride!


LEGO Batman Movie sets - Joker's Notorious Lowrider, Catwoman's Catcycle Chase & Joker's Balloon Escape

Admit it, most people will buy this set for that googly-eyed Robin alone! That Catwoman is pretty sweet too me thinks!


LEGO Batman Movie sets - Joker's Notorious Lowrider, Catwoman's Catcycle Chase & Joker's Balloon Escape

I can see why this set is among the most popular ones. Them balloons!!!! I personally dig that hazardous factory-like contraption that comes with the set......and yeah, Batman comes with a separate belt piece....first time ever!

LEGO Batman Movie - minifigure blind bag collection

As them minifigures were priced at USD5 each, they were at a staggering RM19.90 each here in Malaysia. Crazy! As such, we only got what we really wanted and opted not to get the whole set. 

LEGO Batman Movie - minifigure blind bag collection

LEGO Batman Movie - minifigure blind bag collection

So far my son is rather excited to already have 3 different versions of The Joker.....
.
.
.
.

Bring on the LEGO Batman Movie!!!!

Comments