This is pretty messed up

Back in the late 80s/early 90s I used to collect this awesome comic series by Marvel Comics that toys with the concept of 'alternate stories' or 'what ifs' aptly called.....What If. Say what you will but seeing your favorite superheroes/supervillains going through one-off alternate/unconventional story lines is my kinda cup of tea. They just feel so fresh at times since you don't get to read the kind of stuff that you normally expect about them in their 'normal' comic run.

I have my share of favorites from the series. There were just some issues that just blew your mind off the top of your head and there were some that were just meh. Among my favorites would be the time when the Venom Symbiote merged with the Punisher and that time when Iron Man was trapped back in King Arthur's time. Supposedly I've read most if the late 80s and early 90s of the title but I can't be sure I've read or at least seen the earlier ones especially the ones that came out in its early years since the late 70s.


I seriously don't remember this one. Professor X merging with the Spirit of Vengeance? That flamed wheelchair is really something I might say. It's pretty messed up really. I mean, Charles is a wheelchair bound individual and the idea of Zarathos possessing him AND his wheelchair is just crazy. Great idea but crazy.

The What If comic run has ended sometime in the late 90s but if anyone care to notice, Marvel Studios has plans to do a What If movie in MCU's Phase 4! I wonder what format would they employ for the movie. My guess is they would go for short stories that will look into several alternate characters' story.

Now, just imagine a certain Bran Stark merging with the Night King. Now that would be a great start to a Game of Thrones What If episodes!





Comments