Women World Cup, Paul Rudd, Final Fantasy, TF bootlegs, Alf

Let's see what I've been up to lately.

When Italy missed out on the previous FIFA World Cup 2018 I almost didn't want to watch the tournament. I've been an ardent supporter of the land of my forefathers since I knew football. My brother shared the same sentiment too (although he chose not to support our heritage) when his beloved Holland/Netherlands/Dutch/Oranje team suffered the same fate as the Azzuris. France won the tournament and I was pretty happy about it because i have a soft spot for Les Blues too....but they were no Italy. 

So naturally when Italy and Holland played well in the current Women World Cup 2019, my brother and I were ecstatic. While the men failed to qualify, the women are doing great! Somehow days ago these two teams went head to head in one of the tournament's Quarter Final clash. Boy was I excited.






Until Holland exploded in the final 10 minutes and killed Italy off. Bummer.

.
.
.

In another exciting geek-worthy news, Paul Rudd was roped in Jason Reitman's upcoming Ghostbusters 3 film. No word as of yet to what character Rudd's gonna play in the upcoming film but I think his star power alone will boost everyone's expectation nonetheless. I like Paul Rudd's acting since his Clueless days and he has proved that he is THE perfect Ant-Man. I think he's gonna do wonders for the Ghostbusters franchise.

If you've been in a cave for the past year or so then it's probably worth it for you to google the news that broke the internet when Jason Reitman announced that they're (Columbia Pictures) gonna go with Ray Stantz......err.....Dan Ackroyd's script for Ghostbusters 3. It's finally gonna happen folks. The whole lot of us GB fanatics have been waiting for #3 to happen since the great Harold Ramis was still around.

Some of you may even ask...."Jason Reitman who????" He's actually the son of Ivan Reitman aka the dude responsible for the first two Ghostbusters movies. He even made an appearance early in the second movie as one of the kids from that birthday party scene who blatantly told Ray and Winston straight in the face that according to his dad, the Ghostbusters were just a sham hence causing them to be jobless after 'supposedly' saving the Big Apple just 4 years earlier.


Yea, this guy right here. Apparently he does not think that the Ghostbusters are full of crap these days.


Well, in case you've missed it, here's that teaser trailer that will keep you drooling till next year...



.
.
.

Sony just announced that there's gonna be a live-action TV series based off their recent Final Fantasy 14 online game. In case you haven't got a clue of what these Final Fantasy games are, I think it'd best if you search for them on your search engines. But in a nutshell these series of RPG (role playing games) games usually revolves around fictional settings in faraway lands where magic and technology are combined into the main story arcs.

Details are still unclear at this time but there are rumors that the TV series are probably getting streamed through Netflix or some other streaming services.



Talking about Final Fantasy, the last time I played one was way back in '99, during the time of Final Fantasy 8. I was really hooked on the game and managed to finish the game even though I totally missed to complete the side quests.

The graphics were very commendable for the time and the gameplay was simple enough even for noobs like me at the time, who never even really liked RPGs before attempting FF8.

What's not to like about FF8 really? The killer graphics (at the time), the memorable soundtrack, superb cut-scenes and a rather interesting plot unheard of in video games.


But I just didn't get that gosh-awful Final Fantasy 3D animated movie from the early 2000s. Perhaps it was best to just adopt the characters and storyline from FF8 aka ride on its popularity while it was still hot at the time.


I just want to forget that I ever watched this.
.
.
.

I finally saw the two bootleg Transformers that every collector in Malaysia has been raving about in the local DIY store. I must say, after that Megatron knock-off last year (which was briliantly re-created by the geniuses in China) my expectations were kinda high on the two.

And they didn't disappoint.......


Those familiar with G1 Transformers will most probably instantly recognize these two i.e. Six Shot & the unmistakable Ultra Magnus. They go perfectly in scale with the earlier released bootleg Megatron from the same series. My son has that Megatron but he is still contemplating whether to add these two to his collection. Not too shabby looking either for bootleg Transformers and they only go for USD8 each, which is a steal considering the quality and the aesthetics. 

Nothing on their respective boxes say Six Shot or Ultra Magnus but you just know they are who they are supposed to be! 'Six Shot' really can transform into his six alternate forms and 'Ultra Magnus' transforms into that truck cab with trailer.

My son has the bootleg Dinobots (Swoop, Sludge & Slag) and he was pretty happy about them, so he might pick these two up sometime soon. Watch for it real soon on this blog!
.
.
.
Lastly, a not-so-good news saw actor Max Wright, who played Willie Tanner, the loving adopted father to Alf the lovable alien life form (A.L.F.....get it?) passed away after a long battle with cancer. As a kid in the 80s whose TV diet consist of many great TV series I was taken quite aback by the news because this was a face I see consistently see week in week out. I didn't really remember whether I ever missed any of the episodes because I totally dig the show. What's not to love about a show about a cat-eating alien who gets adopted by a seemingly normal earth family?

Thanks for the memories Max.


Comments