Hulu's McCartney 3 2 1

 


Finally watched Season 1 of Paul McCartney's new Hulu documentary (in one sitting nonetheless). Pretty inevitable for Beatles diehards like yours truly. I spent years playing the bass and belting out Macca's part in a Beatles tribute band so watching the new documentary was a no brainer for me to say the least.

Glad to hear that Macca discussed tonnes of Beatles-related stuff instead of his Wings days. I didn't really mind hearing his take on his solo stuff though, I loved his first 2 solo albums. Rick Rubin did a great job, as a great producer himself, in breaking down the different parts of various Beatles songs throughout the 6-part documentary. Let's hope Season 2 brings us more dissection of Beatles songs. Please keep the Wings stuff to a minimum please.

You can actually see the joy in his eyes whenever he talks about his former Beatles band mates. It almost makes you forget that he was equally to blame for the breakup of the Fab Four in 1970. Almost.

Some say that we've gotten too many Beatles-related documentary than we can handle. I beg to differ. I find that each of these provide new insights and bits of information not previously discussed before...so yeah, keep on producing new ones, I'll keep watching 'em.

Say, when is that Let It Be documentary from Peter Jackson coming out?

Comments