First look at MCU's The Leader

 


Marvel Studio's finally given us a first look at the character so familiar to youse comic Incredible Hulk readers. Not gonna lie, but I was one of those really looking forward to the evolution of Samuel Sterns' character since that Ed Norton 2008 movie. Was a bit shocked to see Marvel Studios giving him the Mr Blue/scientist identity over the janitor persona in the comics but all that matters is he'll eventually turn into the elongated-head we all remember from the comic pages, right?

The promo art from the upcoming Capt America: Brave New World shows an image of Samuel Sterns (still played by actor Tim Blake Nelson) side by side with a stylized image of how the MCU is going to portray him. Yup, they went for the elongated head look instead of the testicular-like variant head we've seen in some comic iterations.

I don't know how excited most people will get from this piece of news but I am looking forward to this. You see, I had tonnes of Hulk merch growing up back in the day, especially lunch tin boxes and flasks and most of these would pit the Hulk against The Leader. It gave me my first introduction to the character and had led me to explore the many comic story arcs that had him going against our beloved green giant.

He does look a bit like Don Rafael Montero from Antonio Banderas' first Zorro movie though.



Comments