Sneak Peek: He-Man's Battle-Cat v.2010 from matty-collector!!!!





Here it is...it's finally official!!! Matty Collector (that's Mattel's online collector toy store for those in the dark) has finally revealed the preview pictures for the long-awaited fan favourite fighting tiger of Eternia...Battle-Cat!!!! Man, am I psyched or what??!! I never had Battle-Cat in the 80's (despite having many versions of He-Man), so I'm definitely so-gonna-wait for this!!! Woohooo....read on the excerpts below (taken from matty's page):

"Battle Cat® is the first beast figure in the MOTU line. This fully-articulated, incredibly detailed figure has been crafted so He-Man® fits in the saddle (as will most other MOTU characters) so he can securely ride his iconic green feline into battle! He comes with removable armor and helmet, his saddle holds the Sword of Power, and it's all packed safely in a window box package.


This cool kitty goes on sale Monday, February 15th."

For the record, I too share the same sentiment with most of the Masters of The Universe (MOTU) fans out there when they say that the figures are a bit overpriced for a 6" scale versions. While this is so true, I don't think I'll feel the pinch that much since I don't plan to collect every single figure from the MOTU line anyway, just the core ones...*shucks*...would be nice if I can afford to though!!! Some collectors buy 2 each of these monthly MOTU releases (sometimes 2 figures are released in a month!), so you can imagine the kind of damage their wallets have to sustain every month.

And don't even get me started on the pain we have to go through when dealing with their rather 'helpful' customer service representatives.....it was an absolute pain for me to get my hands on the 'most powerful man in the universe'. In fact, now I feel bad that I couldn't help a fellow collector here who wanted one for himself. Getting one was already a daunting task....*sigh*.......

Nevertheless, I will have sleepless nights from now on waiting for Cringer...err, I mean Battle-Cat.....

Comments

desmond said…
Wow! I can inform my friend to order the reissue HE-MAN series online..
I want I want I want!
Usaully what is the postage price to our S.E.A?
The Rebel said…
>>>Des....quickly inform your friend that the next round of MOTU figures would be available online on Dec 15! Next up....King Randor, The Goddess (MOTU comic character) and....*drumroll*.....re-issue SKELETOR!!!

>>>Adrian....I just read on he-man.org that Battle-Cat's gonna cost ya USD30...international shipping is flat, USD9.95 for any amount of items you purchase at one go...usually will take around 3-4 weeks to reach you. If you choose UPS however, it'll cost ya almost quadraple the cost...but it'll reach u within a week.

I got my Teela in exactly 28 days to the date of ordering (weekends inclusive)....which is not too bad considering most of the European guys only received theirs well over 40 days later! hear them grumble on he-man.org....Heheh......the package goes to a centralised SEA post-collection centre in Singapore! So rest assure that these will reach u first THEN only mine will arrive in KL...happy ordering dude!
u r one He-Man fan. huhuhu
love the 80's cartoon.
superb!
Dash MacBastard said…
That's a really cool addition to this line. I was just wondering whether or not Matty would make Battlecat. It'd be nice if they made Panthor for Skeletor too.
Mohamad said…
Deym, Battle Cat must be huge. $39.99 is quite tempting