Marvel's 6" Loki: Comic series review....

Loki

Bought this sometime back but only recently found the time to do a proper photoshoot on it. Inevitably, a review was to follow suit before this figure disappears within the great Rebel Toy Vault....lol! Honestly, I wasn't too keen to get my hands on this Loki figure. I was (back then) adamant that I already have a 'definitive' comic series Loki i.e. ML Toybiz Loki from yesteryear. It was only when somebody posted a close-up of his headsculpt that I was finally swayed.

Read more.....
The packaging is the normal bubble/cardback combo that we've come to expect from both 3.75" and 6" action-figures from hasbro as of late. Heck, I can't even recall when Hasbro deviated from this packaging scheme ever for their single-packed action figures. So go 'figure'.

Loki

On the back of the cardback is a bio on Loki. How he was adopted by Odin.....envies Thor....Frost Giants.....Asgard etc. etc.

Loki

Ah, finally free from his plastic cell! He looks very well made. Superb proportion makes him even better than his ML predecessor. I love his gold-ish colour scheme on his horns and his groin area. The fluffy fur coat and boots make him look even more Viking-like! Before I proceed, I'd just like to say that I won't be discussing much on the points of articulations as you can always get those long reviews from other great toy blogs out there on the net! All I can say is that this figure has great articulations you can expect from a Marvel Legends offering!

Loki

I love how his fur coat covers his back. Gives us a brief idea of how cold those nights on Asgard and Jotunheim are!

Loki

Take a look at that snarly face sculpt. Now this is the thing that got me hooked into buying this figure in the first place. He looks like evil incarnate himself! Soul-less/pupil-less eyes and the sunken eyes look adds to the  realism as well!

Loki

Loki

One downside of this Loki figure is that he doesn't come with ANY accessories. *Bummer*. Not to worry though, I can always arm him with my ML Loki's sword!

Loki

Loki

Next, I had this idea of equipping Loki with a trident so I could emulate how he sometimes looked like in the comics aka his often short-lived moments of triumph reigning of the throne of Asgard. I threw in that 'fiery' effect courtesy of the fire thingy that came with ML's Iron Fist!

Loki

In my opinion he looks more evil with the fire thing burning on his palms. I can't recall though, can Loki conjure up any 'energy burst' with his hands in the comics?

Loki

Here's a little quiz for you Rebel readers......just where did I borrow that trident from (or whatever's it's called...I'm aware that a trident has...well, three pointy ends....LOL)? No points for guessing but I'll raise my hats off to 'ya for your correct answer  =)  !!!

Loki

For good measures, here's a comparison shot between the new modern Loki and the classic Loki we got from the Toybiz ML line. Okay, I gotta admit, this new Loki is miles better in comparison. The old Loki looks like some sad old man or a 'has-been' superhero...LOL! Not only he's bigger.....but he's also more meaner lookin' than Mermaid man......err I mean Toybiz's Loki.

Loki

Finally, here is Mr Laufeyson againts the SDCC Exclusive Thor aka Lightning Thor! Chances are, I'd also want to get the upcoming 'normal-version' Thor from the upcoming newly-launched ML Series 1...so I can get a regular Thor to go with the rest of the Avengers. But that's another story.....let's go back to our Loki!

Thor vs Loki

I love it how Loki is a tad shorter than Thor! This is how I remembered him from the pages of the comics. The God of Thunder finally has a worthy foe to smash his Mjolnir into! *Crackkk!!!*

Thor vs Loki

My verdict? Simple....if you're into Marvel Legends, or an enthusiast of the whole Asgardian thing, or an ardent Avengers fan, then Loki here is a MUST! No two-ways about it compadre

'Nuff said....

Thor vs Loki

Comments

i liked this one, too- save the lack of accesories. Nice pics! Is that Sub-Mariner's trident, or Aquaman's...??
The Rebel said…
SuperDuperToybox>> Thks for the kind words....you're almost there, it does belong to Aquaman....but from which Aquaman I wonder...hmmm =D
is it a DC Direct Aquaman? Doesn't look like my DCUC trident...
The Rebel said…
Haha...close enough....it's from the Alex Ross 'Justice' series...also by DC Direct! Man, it took me ages to finally get my hands on that Aquaman....