Terminator/Skynet/Genisys prophecy coming true?



I certainly did not play any Pokemon digital/virtual/trading card games whatsoever when I was younger although I was guilty of helping my little sister (then) to take care of her endless Digimon virtual pet devices. That’s the extent of my adventure when it comes to these Japanese media franchise.

Recently, I tried very hard to ignore the global phenomenon that is Pokemon Go but it was hard considering that almost every single media, electronic especially, had something to say about the matter. I know that the ‘augmented reality’ settings allowed users/players playing it on their androids or iOS systems to search for monsters in the ‘real world’…that much I know and I do not have any further plans to go deeper to find out more.

Today, we read about how the game is finally released in Japan (yes, where it all originated from) after seeing releases in most parts of the world first:


Fans of the virtual game were actually jumping for joy as they downloaded the game into their smartphones. Inevitably, it creates more zombie-like humans whose eyes get glued to their screens for most part of the day and proceeded to put the game as their main priority in life.

Some dude on the internet just declared that he won’t be able to concentrate on his office work/social life now that he has the game on his android device. Many other outrageous twitter/fb statuses seemed to confirm this solidarity pledge.

Now, this is just sad:


Nobody said you can’t enjoy the fruits of life in whatever form that they may come in but please be reasonable and stay safe guys.

But I digress. As always.
.
.
.
I wanted to say that the whole Pokemon Go phenomenon reminded me a lot about how people in Terminator Genisys were highly anticipating the Genisys system. Once it goes live it will be EVERYWHERE and UNSTOPPABLE. Perhaps there is some degree of truth from the Terminator film franchise, that one day machines will completely ‘take over’ our lives. They already have their headstart when smartphones were invented.
.
.
.


Pokemon Go is the next level in achieving the prophecy set out in the Terminator movies…..ain’t it? Your thoughts?


Footnote: The cool image above is not mine. It was taken randomly from:  http://newsthump.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/pokemon-go-terminator

Comments