More thoughts on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

It suddenly hit me today that the title of the upcoming Star Wars movie in Dec '19, The Rise of Skywalker aka the final movie in the trilogy that will end all trilogies might be terribly misleading fans all along. I might be wrong here but do hear me out.

Some months ago, I totally blew my own mind off when I had a epiphany that Return of the Jedi was in actual fact referring to the return of Anakin Skywalker to the light side rather than the triumphant return of a new breed of Jedi Knight in the form of Luke Skywalker. just think about it, the prophecy talked about a Jedi who would bring balance to the Force i.e. balancing between the Dark and Light side of the Force, and Anakin's final u-turn to the good guy's side at the end fulfilled that prophecy.

So, what if.....just what if, The Rise of Skywalker is subtly referring to a Skywalker that no one really thought it would be. Just like Episode VI, when everyone's focus was on a certain Luke Skywalker, the 'Jedi' that the title was referring to was actually Darth Vader. I'm pretty certain of this. 

We've only seen one trailer off the new movie and nothing has been concrete thus far on who this Skywalker might be. Well I can tell you this. The trailer is full of red herrings (things that's purposely planted to put you off course) and you'll eventually get confused on who's who doing what and how.

And do hear me out before you strike my theory down.
.
.
I believe that the 'Skywalker' could very well be a long line of Skywalkers created via the cloning technology that the Republic/Empire/First Order had from the Clone Wars. Somewhere somehow the Emperor got his grubby hands on Luke Skywalkers's DNA (or maybe as simple as using Anakin Skywalker's DNA even) and attempted to create a perfect fighting machine to advance his own interest in conquering the universe. This runs in tandem with the now defunct Expanded Universe story arc that the Emperor made countless clones of himself for contingencies.

And what's more crazy is that....

I think that Supreme Leader Snoke was also part of that long list of Skywalker clone. Call me crazy but that could very well explain why he had some degree of Force-related abilities. Not fully equipped as a seasoned Jedi knight or Sith lord but he has enough to inflict fear among those who opposed him. 


And who's next from this long line of cloned Skywalkers you might ask? It could be anyone from both sides of the war really. My suspicions point me to the obvious ones like Rey or even Finn (by a long shot!) but it could be someone that could be revealed in Episode 9 itself, thus eliminating all theories culminating from Episode 7 till 8. For all you know, it could very well be someone from the First Order itself! I'd love to hear comments/arguments on this but I'm guessing not many people argue on blogs these days. But if you do come across my writing please do drop a comment and I'll answer you straight away.


Until then, here's that trailer once again for you to go over while we wait for more clues to decipher in the next trailer soon.


Comments