Bootleg Transformers for the win



I am a Transformers fan first before anything else. I didn't say that I was a Hasbro fan per se. I also have a fair share of bootleg Transformers in my collection albeit selectively. I still find it hard to swallow the huge price tags set by the 3rd party Transformers maker companies therefore I really pick and choose the ones that suits my budget.

I think every Transformers fan in Malaysia will know which budget store carry these excellent bootleg Transformers and chances are most of you have gone and bought these already by now.

For example, take a look at the 'Huge Dragon' akan Omega Supreme above. Sure, it's only at the 'Voyager' scale and totally pale in comparison to the huge ar** version produced by Hasbro recently. But I have my doubts here. If you google Huge Dragon, you'll soon find that it was produced by Mech Fans Toys, a famous bootleg Transformers brand, and that the 'original' Huge Dragon actually has the G1 official colors unlike this one that i found at the budget store. Not a problem even for those with minimal painting skills with hobby paint.

Actually I also like the bootlet versions of Ultra Magnus and Six Shot below. Don't mind the scale, just enjoy how almost-accurate they are to the real thing, color scheme and all.

So if you're a Transformers fan then these definitely deserve to be in your collection simply because of their aesthetics and price points. Even if you already have the 'official' version from Hasbro.



Comments