2009 UEFA Champions League Final


Tonight's gonna be the night when the football 'king' of Europe is gonna be decided. As a neutral fan (I am neither a hardcore supporter of neither, ESPECIALLY Manyoo!), I'd be rooting for Barca.....the prospect of Manyoo winning yet another major footie competition is kinda lame nowadays...blahh! Seriously, I hope Barca would give Manyoo a run for their money. Stupid mistakes and silly errors aside, I think Barca is capable of staging a fight tonight.
In my opinion, there are simply no 'anti-Man Utd fans' in the footballing world. There are only 'anti-MU-fans' fans! Why am I saying this? Well, to quote many views expressed on the internet, summing it up..."We can generally accept Man Utd's superiority and the team's sublime football skills...but what we can't stand is the arrogance of some (most?!) of their fans!". Well, I'm not sure how many people will agree with the statement, but I somehow agree with the notion that it is not right for any fan to brag about how their team deserves/has a God-given right to be consistently superior over other teams. I mean, there are other factors to be considered. Rich clubs vs small clubs for example. Of course you can't go and compare Manyoo, Chelsea or Liverpool with the likes of Burnley, Bath City or Swindon etc. That's what make any victory by the latter clubs over the former muchhhh sweeter if compared vice-versa.
Tonight however, will pit two equally strong and capable (both technically AND financially) clubs against each other in a highly-charged final! Now, fair comparisons can be made in this instance as these two teams are force to be reckoned with back in their respective leagues. Imagine if a less supported team made it to the final, say Bordeux, Reginna, Bochum or even Aston Villa for example, imagine the kind of verbal attack we'd be hearing from the Manyoo fans; when it's simply not on a 'level playing ground'. *Sigh*... sadly many of Manyoo fans failed to recognize this point.
Well, I've blabbered enough me' thinks. Let's wait for the match tonight and see whether Barca can silent the Devils.....or otherwise. Nuff' said.

Comments

No Man U win man!! And I am a Anti Man Utd fan!!
The Rebel said…
Looks like we got our wish Adrian! heheh....