Revenge of The Fallen Movie Toys Launch


I had the chance to wake up early on that fine Saturday morning (actually it was more of 'rudely' awaken by my neighbours' kids!) and went to the nearby TRU for the Revenge of The Fallen's toy launch. I didn't get much stuffs as I had put in mind that I'd probably skip the movie toy lines (well, probably getting a Leader Class Prime if it still exist on the shelves once I'm there). Let's see some pictures of the launching event as witnessed by a very sleepy individual (ehm..ehm):


At 8.32 am: Yup, I was technically late for about a couple of minutes or so according to my watch and already the crowd had build up like no tomorrow inside the store. From here, I'd already anticipated that there is no freakin' way I'll ever get a Leader Class Optimus Prime judging from the 'ballistic' crowd inside.

This is the actual snapshot of what went inside. Notice the shaky picture quality...I was actually being pushed aside by some people trying to shield off/cordon the area from late-comers. What selfish acts! It was like the Hasbro warehouse sale once again albeit smaller crowd this time. It would've been better if the Malaysian TRU management had some systematic order of allowing the crowd to get inside/purchase the toys like what my blogger pal Joshua had explained in his post. Very civilised and orderly manner indeed down south in Singapore!


This are the shelves where a bulk of the 'actual' ROTF toys enjoyed their very 'minimal' shelf-life...aka for about 2-3 minutes or so.


Again with the shaky picture quality. This was about the time when a couple of Hasbro guys came to replenish the shelves with some Voyager class figures. Naturally, some 'uncivilised' guys pushed me from behind (not those pictured directly in front of me tho') just to get to the Hasbro dudes.


This represents my 'entire' (heheheh...) collection from the ROTF movie toy line. Well, actually I'll be getting my Leader Class Prime from another toy store later in the month, although I'm yet to ascertain whether I'd want a Takara or a Hasbro....looked pretty the same to me. Voyager Prime was available in abundance, so I didn't do much shoving for that. The Fallen figure however, was acquired by some luck (yeah, it was gone from the shelves too the moment I stepped inside the TRU), when some indecisive dude hesitated and momentarily placed it back on the shelf. I was quick on my toes and immediately grabbed it from his hands....hahah! Later I found out that it was quite limited in stock therefore justifying my decision to purchase it.
The free poster that came with every purchase......

The flip side of the poster.......


A RM25 voucher given out by TRU, which was pretty neat too.....really was unexpected.....


For every RM80 and above purchase for the 1st 400 customers, TRU gave out one free juice drink....your choice, either an orange drink or an apple drink.....cool.....

This represents my real motive of going to the launching event.....an excellent ROTF character guide book......got it for every >RM200 purchase.


To cap it all off, TRU also gave out a free car sticker (with an Autobot emblem, not sure whether a Decepticon was available too) and the official ROTF movie banner car sticker together with the guide book above.

Comments