Blackburn Rovers home jersey 95/96

This is THE classic jersey that I was looking for since Blackburn last (and coincidently the ONLY time so far!) won the EPL 15 years ago. I got this from an eBayer from the States who was clearing out his vintage EPL collection last year. I couldn't afford to purchase one back then during the 94-96 heydays as I was a mere high school student shouting out support for the Ewood Park outfit. The days when the strike force dubbed the "SAS" aka Mr Shearer and Mr Sutton were the main goal poachers for Blackburn. This post was also inspired by my fellow blogger buddy, Shaun who started to document his vintage Liverpool jersey some weeks ago.
Asics honoured Blackburn's capture of the EPL title by embedding the words "Premier League Champions 94/95' below the left chest club logo.
blackburn rovers 01
Upon further inspection, I found that the jersey was in fact produced and made in the UK, as opposed to today's mass practise of outsourcing everything to the Far East to enjoy 'more affordable' labour costs.
blackburn rovers 02

Those magical words....Arte Et Labore, which when translated roughly means "With art (skills) and labour".
blackburn rovers 03

Comments

Shaun said…
this is frickin class! The condition looks excellent for a 15 year old kit! (e.g., the asics tag, and badge) The embroidery tops it off perfectly. Very nice score bro and thanks for sharing. :)
The Rebel said…
yeah, Shaun...

I can't believe my eyes too when it 1st reached my mailbox. Opened it up and was caught amazed on how 'almost-pristine' it was for a 15 yr-old shirt. Heheh...