Upcoming Ghostbusters 6" action-figure rumour from Mattel....

Okay, it's fairly safe to assume that everybody knows www.mattycollector.com is going to release action-figures from the Ghostbusters movie franchise. I got my 6" Egon Spengler much earlier so naturally I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the rest of the guys in their 6" glory. I'm skipping the 12" line though, they look a tad bulky to me.












Interesting enough, many collectors are actually looking forward to the supporting characters as well. We know that Walter Peck (yup, to quote Peter Venkman...."It's true, this man has no d***!") is already in the works and scheduled for a release next May '10. I don't give a s*** about Peck's figure anyhow, I'm guessing he's gonna be a shelf-warmer (although technically these figure won't ever be on a shelf per se, being internet exclusives!).....but I gotta have that containment unit! Sweet!

We also know that Mattel's planning to produce Dana Barrett next. But a hint from Mattel seems to indicate that their next side character is going to be Louis Tully, the klutzy neighbour of Dana Barrett in the 1st movie and later the reluctant attorney for the guys in the 2nd.

From Action Figure Insider:

Question: "....for the Ghostbusters line, what about Rick Moranis (Louis Tully)?"

Mattel answers: "We do have rights to Rick Moranis’s character, Louis Tully, for the line. We have rights at this point to all of the major characters and many of the minor ones as well."

He's also a professional accountant who later turned attorney for the Ghostbusters when the guys got into trouble for drilling up a hole in the middle of New York. The question is, will Mattel produce him in his normal office attire......or dare I dream about it.....in his wannabe-Ghostbusters attire (with the obvious Spengler name embedded on it!)??! I love that wacky moment where he thought that he had been largely responsible for destroying that huge ectoplasmic shell covering the art museum in New York.

For some weird reason, I look forward to pose this klutzy-gullible action-figure next to the real heroes! :p

"I did it...I'm a Ghostbuster!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comments

darthmental said…
what the? hang dah dapat egon? wah.. congrats bro. kasi review la skit. ;D
Dash MacBastard said…
Walter Peck is kind of an odd choice their next figure. Where's the Terror Dogs? I'd love to see them do some of the various ghosts that are seen throughout the original movie- the librarian, cab driver, etc.