Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer!

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Seeing that my toy review activities are virtually in shambles these days, I’ve decided that instead of trying to catch up on the oldest ever plastic crack I’ve ‘purchased-but-yet-to-be-reviewed’ (God knows when that was!) I think it’ll probably be better if I start to review my recently acquired ones. These newer action figures are still out in the open hence it’s best for me to get over with them before they either go back into storage (yes, space is STILL an issue for me at this particular point of time) or if they’re lucky they’d get their fair chance of getting displayed over in my IKEA glass cabinet. Let me start with (*grabs whatever’s within reach*).....Scorpia from Matty Collectors’ MOTU Classics line.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Now, a lot has been said about the fate of the MOTU Classics line. Some even said that 2015 might be the last year for the line. There’s some sort of talk that says the line might even be extended till 2016 and nothing more beyond that. At this juncture, I’m pretty thankful that most of the core characters have been released so the imminent cessation of the line wouldn’t stress me out that much I guess. I’ve pulled up the handbrake quite a bit as of late too, skipping some of the non-essential characters as I preferred to be focusing my energy into finding a couple of core characters that I’ve unintentionally missed from the line (nope, it is NOT Teela nor Ram-Man!).

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Truthfully, the MOTU Classics line has always been my main collecting line since early ’09. I’ve steered clear of those ‘non-essential’ characters while declaring that most (if not all) Filmation characters are a must in my books! I remembered Scorpia here quite fondly from the She-Ra cartoon series and my better half seemed to recognized here instantly when I showed her the proto pictures some months back. With that in mind, Scorpia here is a no-brainer must-have for my ever growing MOTU Classics collection.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

The packaging and the white...err...brown mailer box is nothing new. Those who are familiar with the line will probably have seen this too many times already. These days, as soon as I receive my haul of the month, I go home, take quick pictures of them, cut the figure loose from the packaging, keep the cardback and immediately recycle the mailer box.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Onto the figure itself...Scorpia is one stunning figure. Her features are sharp and the way it is designed brilliantly captured how she looked like in the cartoon series. It I had known it better, I think this is one of the great MOTU Classics action figure that came our way in recent times. Ever since Catra was released, I couldn’t wait for Matty to release Scorpia (self-professed love for the POP/Evil Horde line....guilty!). We got ourself Octavia and Shadow Weaver some time back too. The Evil Horde line-up still has some distance to go but I think I’m just looking forward to just a few namely Entrapta and a few others before I can call it quits.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Scorpia comes with the standard Horde cross-bow but this time the weapon gets a quick make-over. One can clearly see the ‘scorpion’ design on the cross-bow making it unique only for Scorpia. This is a nice change to an otherwise mundane/monotonous design we’ve seen on the cross-bows that came with Hordak, Grizzlor and a few others.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

I like it that her ‘tail’ is made out of rubber instead of hard plastic. In a way I was pretty disappointed on how Whiplash’s tail turned out to be. It wasn’t a throwback to the original 80s toy where you can ‘whip’ his rubbery tail from side to side. Scorpia’s tail here does just that albeit without the play function. Works fine for me. This is an adult collector line. I’m just glad to have rubber tail instead of hard plastic. My only concern is whether the rubber will crack over time. I’ve stopped posing Snout Spout’s trunk a long time ago, ever since many collectors complain of cracks in theirs.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

Scorpia has the standard MOTUC articulations. Besides from the sorely-missed hip swivel articulation, she is able to be posed in most positions that you can imagine. Battle positions I mean....you pervert! Paint is also perfect on mine so no complaints there from me.

Scorpia: Stinging Horde Enforcer

THE REBEL’S VERDICT: Like I said before, if you’re a devout collector of the MOTU Classics line, be it only core characters or a completist, you would definitely want Scorpia for your collection. This is an essential member of the Evil Horde and she will look perfect standing amongst the like of Catra, Octavia and Shadow Weaver. She’s no longer available on matty’s site so your best bet is to get her on the secondary market. Stay tuned for more MOTU Classics review here on The Rebel Page.

Ladies of Horde!

Comments