Avengers: Age of Ultron...


We South Asians were lucky enough to have caught this movie a week earlier than our buddies in the States. Therefore I shall caution my dear readers that I might be 'accidently' giving away some spoilers here although it is not my style to completely review a movie in detail. I'm just gonna talk briefly about the movie and if it really did meet my expectations.

So here we go....here are my brief thoughts on the movie:

1) I love it that Marvel expanded the team roster. Apart from the obvious Maximoff twins and the uber cool Vision, I was pleasantly surprised to see several other Avengers appearing at the end of the movie (one even joined in the climactic battle with Ultron and his baddies). 

2) That 'snow scene' at the very beginning and that battle scene in that cathedral in Sovokia harkens me back to the good old Millar-Hitch's The Ultimates comic pages. Those who have the epic Ultimates 'wide-screen' comic pages will know what I mean here. If you haven't then please do so already.

3) It was cool to find that Hawkeye ended up to be the focal point of the movie. Nice touch by Joss Whedon to give him a backstory.

4) Those who dissed the movie as boring clearly didn't understand the build up that Stan Lee wanted for his movies and the plans to eventually link up ALL of the Marvel movie-verse teams i.e. Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Inhumans etc. 

5) I truly love that banter between The Vision and Thor about the weight distribution of Mjolnir. This has got to be one of the most coolest scene from the movie.

6) Ultron turned out to be a 'gentleman-ly' villain and not the psychotic android we've come to know from the comic pages. He didn't turned out that bad either.

7) The decision to prematurely kill off one Avenger pisses me off. I thought he/she will at least make it to the next Avengers flick. They better introduce more members in Avengers 3...haha.

8) I think that the overall feel of the movie echoes perfectly to what The Ultimates intended to be for comic book readers. The dialogue was full of wit, humour and the movie didn't lose that comic book feel while trying to stay realistic at the same time.

9) I'm leaning more towards the Marvel camp myself but that's not gonna stop me from wanting to watch Batman vs Superman next year. DC is definitely trying to outdo Marvel but they have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to their team roster (I'm looking at you JLA and Suicide Squad!).

10) The mid-credit scene was short BUT meaningful. It kinda tells you where Marvel Studios are taking their movies and how they'll move forward towards a common goal. Very cool.

Comments