Fat Thor, Boba, Random things that interest me...

My son got himself a LEGO minifigure of Thor from the Avengers: Endgame film just yesterday. We all know how Thor looked like in the film and I must say it has to be one of my favorite version of the God of Thunder hands down! The jokes and memes that came out based on the character are endless, just google them and you'll immediately know what I mean. Depression can do such a thing to a man.

Unfortunately the minifigure utilizes the same standard LEGO minifigure body with no stomach extension whatsoever, but visually this minifigure is stunning to say the least with all of the details perfectly recreated.

I need not tell you readers that this is not an official LEGO release but rather from a 3rd party LEGO-wannabe company which even I don't know off. The figure didn't come in a box but only in a sealed clear plastic bag. 


Even though there's no extension whatsoever on his stomach, he looks pretty 'enlarged' to me so kudos to them designer at whatever company you guys are at. I'm sure LEGO's gonna knock down at your door someday/very soon for doing such a fine job on the intellectual property that they actually paid the rights for.


Fat Thor here comes with an accessory and only one accessory. It's a cool Coke can/tumbler (can't really tell) which he can proudly hold to tell the world just how much calorie he has abused in recent times. The thing is I can't really recall him ever holding a Coke can in the movie. All I remember is Rocket Raccoon enticing him to tag along with them on the Milano with the promise of beer being on board during the flight back to the Avengers HQ.


Undoubtedly, I instantly thought of The Dude from The Big Lebowski upon my first glance of this minifigure. I wonder how many people are gonna immediately make this into a custom Jeff 'The Dude' Lebowski minifigure complete with his bathrobe and white Russian beverage!

I had a big laugh when Tony Stark referenced The Dude in that Avengers: Endgame scene. I learned that the Russo brothers were such big fans of the Coen brothers' work that they intended to included a homage to their 1998 film in Endgame. What's more astonishing is that Robert Downey Jr did an improv and calmly delivered his spontaneous line to acknowledge the character in that HQ scene in Avengers: Endgame.

The thing is, Jeff Bridges played The Dude in The Big Lebowski and he also played Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger in the first Iron Man movie back in 2008. Technically, Bridges apparently played a character who looked like the actor who played The Dude and this has been certified canon in the MCU movie verse!

Move aside Lebowski!
.
.
.
Which brings us to The Big Lebowski film I love so much. I can just re-watch this movie again and again every now and then. This is definitely one of the movie that really defined my life in the 90s. 

The Big Lebowski deserves a post on its own and that's exactly what I'm gonna do next here in my blog.

.
.
.
My wife and I never really understood the popularity of the bubble milk tea or pearl milk tea or otherwise known as 'Boba' but we finally got a taste of them recently courtesy of some complimentary ones being handed over to us. They taste pretty good! It has been said that the amount of sugar in each of the drink is higher than that of a Coca Cola can drink and so on and so forth. Eventually, we finally caved in and bought our first ever Boba the other day and immediately made a pact to hit the gym running whenever we decided to share a cup of Boba between us.


.
.
.
I also saw a couple of things the other day that piqued my interest.

I've always wanted to get myself those fancy board games that costs you an arm or a leg but most of the time I get turned off by their premium price tags. But seeing this cool Planet of the Apes art on the board game might just do the trick for me. I might just pick this one up just for that great art on the box cover! This one really appealed to me as a die-hard fan of the original 'Apes movies of the 60s/70s.




Has anyone actually bought these Story Cubes before? They look simple enough to play but I'd love to hear from those who had actually acquired and had loads of fun with them.


Comments