Father's Day, Raptors, MCU vs DCEU....

Few things happened these past few days. 
.
.
First of all, to all you dads out there, what did ya get for Father's Day? I woke up on the morning of the 16th and found this cool DIY clay statue of Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat as my Father's Day gift from my son. Coolest Dad Day gift ever from him. I told him it was miles better than getting a conventional Father's Day card. Why Johnny Cage you ask? It could have easily been Sub-Zero or Scorpion but this is the character he will usually choose to kick his dad's behind during our Mortal Kombat sessions. It was nice of him to give me this as a memento of how an 11-year old can master the art of arcade fighting over a supposed veteran of the video game genre. 


Coolest Father's Day gift ever from my boy!
.
.
The Toronto Raptors won their first ever NBA Championship trophy last week. I used to support the Raptors when the great Vince Carter was in the team. Yeah, I know, that was a long time ago. Heck, I wasn't even watching NBA games as frequent as I used to these days but the Raptors-Golden State Warriors final games really caught my attention. For the record, Raptors could have even won it in Game 5 but they miraculously lost by a single point to GSW during that game. No matter, the underdog triumphed! Plus, the NBA was getting a bit predictable these past couple of seasons with the GSW dominating and all.


When I said that I wasn't really keeping up with NBA games, I really meant that the last time I  was religiously following the game was when these two here were dominating the courts.....good ol' Lakers vs Celtics rivalry!


Ok, not really. I last watched the NBA with great interest when these guys were doing their stuff in the 90s.




Anyway, congratulations again to the Raptors. Thank you for setting the bar and giving them little teams hope. I'd like to see the likes of Denver Nuggets or the Washington Bullets winning the Finals next year!
.
.
.
Caught the Captain Marvel movie again through the pay-per-view channel (more like several times in the past couple of days!) and I still don't see what's the negative fuss was all about. It's still a great movie after re-watching it and I personally have a soft spot whenever a B-character gets the spotlight because they can even sometimes upstage the supposedly main protagonists themselves (re: Guardians of The Galaxy films).


Can't wait to watch The Inhumans & The Eternals next from the MCU.

I also still can't believe that Warner Bros cancelled the Swamp Thing series and rumors have it that they are also planning to cancel the whole DC Cinematic Universe while choosing to retain only the Titans TV series. Justice League getting a reboot? Seriously, what the heck is playing through them execs' minds? I love both DC and Marvel and not taking sides when it comes to their respective cinematic universes. While Marvel has been soaring high, DC can't even solve petty issues which can only mean bad news for fans waiting for their cinematic movies. Let's hope Warner gives us some good news in the coming weeks regarding their plans.
.
.

How about some X-Men news?



Disney now officially owns Fox. That's official. While them Marvel execs ponder how to introduce the mutants and the Fantastic Four into the current MCU setup, we were fed with (red herring?) clues when the trailer for Spiderman: Far From Home came along. Many theorized that a string of multi-verse were created with the X-Men being in one of those alternate universe when Thanos snapped his fingers in Infinity War but now we hear a rumor that Thanos might have snapped them into existence within the main universe itself. Make up your minds Marvel honchos!
.
.
That's all from me for now. Peace out.

Comments