Star Wars: The Acolyte Official Trailer

 


I wonder what's the fuss all about? You get to read tonnes of complains and disagreements from disgruntled fans the moment after they watched the official trailer of The Acolyte. Me? I am thrilled to see how Jedi and Sith were about a century before the events in The Phantom Menace unfolded. Seriously, if you don't want to watch the series, then by all means, don't watch. Finding faults and spending a considerable amount of time blaming every Disney-era Star Wars as being non-faithful to the OG movies is just a waste of time in my opinion. Of course they're different. Of course they no longer conform to whatever Uncle George had in mind after the Prequels. I have my issues with Ms Kennedy as well but I'm not going to let that affect my love for the franchise. 

I'll be the first to admit that it hasn't been all fine and dandy with Star Wars after the Disney take over but they did give us some heavy hitters like Rogue One and The Mandalorian. Some may go as far as calling the Andor series their cup of tea (not really mine) and I respect that. As I've said before, there was a dark time when us fans couldn't get any new Star Wars materials post-ROTJ so we became more grateful whenever new SW-related stuff comes our way. Again, not all were winners but just be grateful when fresh SW-movies/series drop because there was that period of no-show that lasted about 15 years. Some of us might be enjoying these new shows even if some of you chose to only recognize the OG movies as the real Star Wars.

Can't wait for the 2-episode premier of The Acolyte on June 4.

Comments