Star Wars 6" The Black Series 'Darth Skywalker' custom...

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Alright, next up from the 6" Star Wars Black Series line is a simple custom figure I've concocted from the use of Luke Skywalker's head and Darth Maul's body. I must say, I'm pretty impressed with this simple change of head sculpt. 'Darth Skywalker' is a favourite among my flickr followers and I thought of reproducing the pictures here at The Rebel Page to show you that you don't need to be a master painter or sculpter to come out with this excellent yet simple custom figure. You just need to know how to pop off/on the head of an action figure properly (and try not to mess with that fragile neck-peg!). Let's see how Darth Skywalker turns out to be!

Read more....
For the record, I really like how the character's mood seemed to change from wearing the bright orange jumpsuit to this dark-colored Sith get-up. Luke in his orange pilot jumpsuit, is perceived as a naive farmboy trying his luck to pilot an advance starfighter vessel in his bid to help the Rebellion in their fight against the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. Here, he's a seasoned and angst-ridden Sith Lord trying to eradicate whoever that stands in his way. That deep gaze of his seems perfect for Maul's body.

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Perhaps my only grouse is that I didn't use a red lightsaber for this custom figure. But I figured that Luke used a green lightsaber anyway during his foray into the Dark side in 'Dark Side of The Force'.
 
Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

I'm not going into the articulations whatsoever with this custom figure as I've already talked about both Luke and Maul before.
 
Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Custom Jedi Luke 6"

So there you have it folks! Less words, more pictures doin' the talking this time. What do you think of this simple custom? You can do it too if you have both the 6" Luke and Darth Maul. Lemme know what you think of this idea of mine...heheh.
 
Custom Jedi Luke 6"

Comments

Anonymous said…
It look really nice!
Anonymous said…
Wicked cool awesome pics. Finally an awesome Dark Jedi set to look and drool at!!
The Rebel said…
Thanks Anonymous #2....wish you cld've left a link back to your blog so I can check out a fellow blogger's site...heheh.