El cheapo coffee fix, Korean lunch, Star Wars, D&D

Here's a recap of what I've been through during the week.

Had a Korean bento (lunch box set) for lunch the other day after my mid-morning meeting with (yup, you've guessed it) a group of Koreans over at the office. Haven't had one in ages and to be honest I wasn't really craving one but when your boss wants to eat Korean you just oblige. 

Considering that the Korean restaurant is among the top 3 Korean eatery in town, I had high expectations on my meal. The beef tasted rather sweet and honestly I didn't remember it being so.

.
.
.
A friend sent me a digital flyer the other day, saying that Starbucks was having a promo on a certain day of the week and this week's 'Good Coffee Day' offer allows you to buy either a tall Americano/Cappucino/Long Black at only RM1 (or approximately USD0.25 per cup per person).

To be honest I was expecting a really long line at all Starbucks for this offer but a visit to a nearby Starbucks with my better half had told us otherwise. There was practically no one at the counter, so initially I though that the digital flyer was a hoax....until we saw this at the counter.
The offer proved to be true and my better half and I each got ourselves an iced Americano & a hot Cappucino to go. We're always up for 'almost-free' overpriced coffee anytime anyday. 
.
.
.
While on a trip to a lawyer's office the other day I caught glimpse of this. Supposedly this is the most confusing traffic light in Malaysia. Just take a look at the middle green light....which leads you directly to the lamp post in the middle. Way to go.

.
.
.
Finally had the chance to visit a family friend the other day. I finally got the chance to view first hand this excellent piece of Game of Throne drawing that he made depicting the final battle of The Hound and The Mountain at King's Landing while Daenerys can be seen flying with Drogon above.

.
.
.
After embarking on a few unsuccessful hunt for the Summer Issue of Vanity Fair, which had the exclusive Annie Leibowitz pictures from the set of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, I finally found one at a nearby book & stationery store still sealed wrapped in its plastic wrappings. I got the latest SFX magazine much earlier too, which had a massive Star Wars preview inside it. 

Can't wait to go through these. Good times ahead!

.
.
.
It's no secret that I had excessively played Dungeons & Dragons during my younger days. I discovered that since the 90s, the popularity of D&D had since waned down due to kids having other interests in life, mostly associated with girls and technology. 

But recently, D&D had somehow regained its popularity and it's evident by the number of D&D Starter Sets popping up by the droves at major bookstores lately.

I'd like to think that shows like Stranger Things and The Big Bang Theory helped with their resurgence and the renewed interest shown by people towards D&D in recent times.

And then I saw this at a comic shop at a nearby mall the other day too. Warms my heart. All is good with the current generation once again.


Comments