AMC's The Walking Dead Season 10 Episode 7 afterthoughts


Undoubtedly, I'm more excited about the Watchmen TV series and Disney's The Mandalorian more than AMC's The Walking Dead Season 10 these days. There was also that time sometime during Season 9 when I told myself that I'd gradually ween off TWD from my TV diet but I just can't seem to do that. It's like a bad flu that's always there. Personally for me, the thing that keeps drawing me to continue watching TWD is the acting skillls of Jeffery Dean Morgan who plays Negan in the series.

Negan didn't make an appearance this week so that's a minus in my books. Nevertheless, the promise of a major death this week is tempting enought to get me all excited to watch this week's episode.

The main focus this week is (still) on Siddiq aka how the man seemed to cannot let go if his trauma and guilt from witnessing the murder of his friends at the climactic ending to Season 9. To be honest I was getting a bit annoyed on how nobody in Alexandria has even slapped the man silly for constantly being whiny all the time. The biggest surprise of all is when Siddiq finally snapped and remembered all the tiny details from the night of the mass murders by Alpha from that clicking sound made by Dante. 

Revealing Dante as the rat in Alexandria is probably one of the best things that had happened to the series in recent times. It somewhat felt fresh to know that danger can still come from within even after Alexandria and Hilltop had established their positions as the safest places within the Atlanta area.

I was also hopeful to see Aaron pulling Gamma into the good guys' side and at the very end of the episode I was pretty confident that it'll be a matter of time before she cracks. This could not have happened without Carol's intuitive use of Lydia's presence but at the expense of losing Lydia again. Curious to see what Lydia will do next because her mere presence in the Whisperers' camp could spell disaster for Alpha herself so it'd be interesting to see if she truly kills her daughter for real this time to maintain order in her camp.

Another wild theory I picked up from the net is one which I think might or might not be true but deserves to be debated endlessly until proven otherwise. It says that Dante might even be Beta himself albeit out of his mask and (fake) beard/moustache. If this is true, just how the heck did he creep in/out of Alexandria at his own will and how in the world did he appear so bulky in the woods when he's that pudgy medium built medic over at the good guys' camp?

Comments