Time to say goodbye (again) to some collectibles

I sold off my remaining vintage M.A.S.K toys the other day with mixed feelings. Deep inside I always knew that disposing off modern toys were easier on the feels rather than seeing my beloved 80s collectibles fly off my collection shelf. This time around I said goodbye to a rather new-ish action figure collection because technically these are only over a decade old but they have a special place in my heart due to my weird fascination towards the zombie genre.

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I've been a loyal fan of AMC's The Walking Dead since its first episode aired in 2010 right up to the finale in 2022. Pretty much watched most of the spin-off series save for a couple of series because they didn't really captured my attention (both times I didn't even make it past episode 2).

The main series however was a must-watch for me even though many hardcore fans dropped off from watching the main TWD series sometime between seasons 7 and 8, possible due to the decline and eventual departure of Rick Grimes from the series.

But I digress.

Let's go back to the main point of today's posting. I've recently sold off my McFarlane Toys 5" The Walking Dead TV series collection en bloc. Was more of a 'had-to' than 'want-to' really. When life grabs you by the b**ls, you do crazy things like selling off your whole collection of really hard to assemble action figure line. Silver lining is, I get to streamline and trim down my collection to only 6" and 3.75" lines, like I did some years back during my great purge of my one-sixth action figure colection.

But that's life. And I have no regrets. So here's my parting tribute to the action figure line which I held dear for the past 12 years or so. They deserved this photography session before they were passed on to their next owner (who also happened to be a huge TWD enthusiast, so they're in good hands!):




















Comments