The Ones Who Live Finale - Episode 6

 

Is it just me or the finale to The Ones Who Live felt a little bit rushed and unfulfilling, especially to those who've literally waited years to see that explosive reunion between Rick and his kids? I can't possibly be alone on this one. Not only that, I think that the showdown between Rick Grimes-Michonne against the evil-doers that is the CRM military was rather abrupt. Beale was killed that easily? Rick and Michonne easily wiping out the whole outgoing CRM soldiers? A bit of a rush job if you ask me.

I thought that the TOWL series started off rather brilliantly and those that the two antagonists meet along the way did justice to the series as they added depths to the whole story arc (Nat's probably my favorite). I somehow predicted that somewhere in the middle of the series that things might take a faster turn and the storytelling might somehow be rushed to fit into that six episode limit for Season 1. And speaking about Season 1, will there ever be a Season 2 I ask you AMC? Do we even need a Season 2 in the first place? I'd say it's mission accomplished for Rick and Michonne but it'll be cool too to see them reuniting with the rest (or most) of the TWD main cast in Season 2 but of course this would mean a never ending loop of further episodes, a Season 13 perhaps?

I totally dig both TWD: World Beyond and the Daryl Dixon spin-off series (Maggie/Negan's Dead City not so much) so maybe Scott Gimple and the AMC team can continue Season 2 based on the same premises i.e. side stories to expand on certain select characters. Morgan has also said in the Fear The Walking Dead series that he'd never rest until he finds Rick Grimes, so Rick's tale is not finished, at least not yet. Besides, remember when Beale mentioned that mankind only has about 14 years or so left before everybody bites the bullet? Am pretty sure Rick's gonna fight to find the cure or something before the world he knows (and the ones he love) all turn into them rotters.

Having said all these, yeah I'm down for Season 2 if there is going to be any. For now we just have to wait because both Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira have neither rubbished nor denied any plans for Season 2, although I suspect Lincoln's reluctance  to return to film yet another season might dampen the whole thing.















Comments